Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of the rest of you been following the thread about the 45
Farenheit 451 loads being hotly discussed on the High Road forum? Claim is that this can give 1200 pounds of energy at the muzzle of 45 ACPs! :confused:
Many are doubtful. :rolleyes: The designer insists it will do it. He sells it for a LOT of money but says it costs a lot to make.
Supposedly the secret has a lot to do with a secret lubricant that cuts friction so dramatically that this is possible. :roll:
It's worth a look. Even though BS detectors may be ringing loud and clear it makes interesting reading and supposedly samples have been sent for testing out to people who do things like that. :confused:

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I'd have to agree with the majority on THR, sounds like the guys full of sh&t. He's refused to give any kind of specs other than it's a secret mixture of "secret powder" and lube.

·
Premium Member
4,154 Posts
Let's see...to get 1200 f-lbs of energy a 230 grain bullet would have to be traveling about....2800 fps.....

Naw....I don't buy it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
especially when most normal loads go between 800-900 fps, I would love to see a round that is twice the reality speeds and have the round not blow up the gun.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I'm gonna have to call a major B.S. alert on that guys. While it may be "possible" to get a .45acp load to such an extreme velocity to achieve 1200ft/lbs of muzzle energy...I think that the results to the shooter from destruction of the pistol he/she is holding will be as bad as the bullet hitting the bad guy!! BS internet claims must give way to logic, reason and the simple laws of physics.

For example...Corbon, I think we'll all agree, makes some HOT ammo across the board of all the cartridges they offer. Their 230gr +P JHP load for the .45acp generates velocities of 950fps and a max muzzle energy of about 470 ft/lbs from a 5" barreled pistol.

This guy is actually suggesting that he can achieve OVER 2.5x TIMES THE MUZZLE ENERGY from the same bullet, pistol, etc. Again...might be possible...but WON'T be pretty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are a ton of gimmicks and BS in in the gun world, many centered around some "super-duper" ammo. I think this is a perfect example.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
$2.25 per round, and he only accepts 100rnd orders.

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
that smells terribly of BS to me i would tell that guy to go F himself for $2.25 a round.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Let's see...to get 1200 f-lbs of energy a 230 grain bullet would have to be traveling about....2800 fps.....

Naw....I don't buy it.
wrong it only needs about 1500 FPS

ENERGY CALCULATOR
click to solve for velocity and then put 230 grains and then 1200 ft/lbs of energy and you get just over 1500 fps

·
Registered
506 Posts
The hottest 45 ammo i know of is Cor Bon's 165gr +p at 1250 fps and 573 ft lbs. I ran these thru my HK45 and 1911 and my wrists started to hurt after 60 rds fired. Those guns were jumping!!

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Straight from the horse's mouth.

High Performance Self-Defense Ammunition - A .451 diameter 160 grain all copper hollow point moving at 1800+ fps! That's 1200 fpe from a standard size pistol. Most recently produced .45 ACP pistols can be lightly modified to fire this round. AK-47 power from a concealable pistol.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Ready for this.

Most .45 ACP pistols of recent manufacture can shoot it with $20 worth of spring changes.

fpe is higher than the super or the rowland, but power factor and recoil are less.

If the people at Springfield armory would invent things instead of copying things, I would care about what they thought.

This load was actually developed in a springer and we had it up to 2250 fps before backing it down to the 1800 range.

Somebody must like it because we sold a months production in two days. Now I need to go to the bank for funds to ramp up production a few notches. Maybe I just picked the right time to go into the ammo business.

Oh, the name is a play on book burning being a signal that it's past time to arm oneself.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
So people actually believe this dork?

So I guess I'm going to go create a new uber-round now for handguns. I'll be back tonight with the specs, but it's going to be 4000 foot pounds out of a .32 cal, and will cost you $100 per round! Don't believe me? Try it for yourself!
You forgot to say, "sold in 20rnd packs" :shock:

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Wow....let's get 100 of us together and buy an order and de-bunk this fool.

·
Premium Member
4,154 Posts
wrong it only needs about 1500 FPS

ENERGY CALCULATOR
click to solve for velocity and then put 230 grains and then 1200 ft/lbs of energy and you get just over 1500 fps

Your right.

I was doing hand calculations and my weight conversion was off.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I think people are starting to catch on, this is posted on his web site.

Fahrenheit .451 - Not presently available - Orders which have been paid for will be shipped as agreed.

·
Premium Member
3,834 Posts
Maybe it's a rocket round or something. You know. Just a squib load inside the case along with the primer to clear the barrel and work the gun and all the zip, velocity and energy is achieved by a rocket motor in the base of a long bullet?

How much distance would a rocket round need to get up to the advertised energy? Depends upon the mass and acceleration of the bullet I think. Would such a round be BATFE legal? Dunno. Or, yeah, it's just BS....but I dunno. HB of CJ :) :) :)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts