Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The holster is the Comp-Tac Gurkha IWB, the pistol is my Taurus .40 S&W Millennium Pro PT-140. It took one week to receive it directly from Comp-Tac. I decided to make the Taurus my carry gun because of its lighter weight.

http://www.comp-tac.com/ct_gurkha.html

I received my Ohio CCW just two weeks ago and today was the first time I ever carried a loaded gun outside of my house, besides at the range of course.
I tested it by wearing it while shoveling snow from my driveway and sidewalks, and I must say…that smarts, because I was bent over most of the time. And that heavy chunk of steel pressed against my hip was a whole new feeling.

The Taurus weighs 22.75 oz with an empty magazine and a snap cap in the chamber. My XD-40 Service weighs 30.25 oz, also with an empty mag inserted and one snap cap.

I guess I will need some time to break in my right hip and the holster. The holster really grabs onto the belt though and feels very, very secure. And the Taurus snaps in smartly when holstering.

The adjustable tensioning system is excellent, as soon as I find the perfect tension I will lock-tite the two screws in.

Since I’m a real rookie at carrying I can’t provide much more information right now. As soon as the snow melts I will head out to the range and try some draw and shooting with live rounds. Until then, its snap cap time.

Check out the pictures and notice my pesonally autographed .458 Win Mag from my friend and yours Wayne LaPierre of the NRA.

The information on holsters I gathered from XDForum members greatly influenced my choice in holsters. Now I can get personal experience for my next purchase - a holster for the mighty XD-40

Thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences with holsters!!!!

Tom

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By the way, I took that picture at a mirror, I'm not left handed.

Tom

·
Registered
200 Posts
If the IWB rubs you wrong, take a look at the galco jak-slide. They make one for the PT140. It sits outside the waistband but inside the belt. Good concealability and quite comfortable IMHO. The only problem I've had with it is since it's an open bottom holster, the rivvets on my jeans have left copper trails on the finish which come off with a little elbow grease.

UD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts