Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back at the end of August I ordered a Comp-tac C-T.A.C. holster from Gunner's Alley ( http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=25243&highlight= ) and I ordered a cowhide gunbelt from Rafter S. Gunleather.

On the holster, does anyone else here use the c-clips on their comp-tac? I ordered my holster with c-clips so that it would be hidden under my belt better, but so far I'm not satisfied with them. My belt tends to slide out of the front clip. I'll have to play with it some and see if I can get it to stay better, any suggestions are appreciated, or I may order the standard clips.

Unfortunately, my belt did not arrive as promptly has my holster did. When I ordered it, I recieved a prompt reply telling me that the belt I wanted was in stock. When a couple weeks had passed and I hadn't recieved my belt, I started e-mailing and calling regularly trying to find the status of my belt. In the end it turned out that my belt had not been in stock like they had thought, then they went out of town a few days after I ordered it, so they were not able to make it until they got back in town a month later. I did not mind the long wait for my belt so much as them not notifying me of the delay after telling me it was in stock.

Now that I finally have my belt, I am very satisifed with the quality of it and amazed at the difference between my old belt and a real gun belt.

I would rate the quality of the Rafter S. Gunleather belt as A+ but unfortunately my experience with their service makes it somewhat difficult to recommend them to others. I realize that many other people have been very satisfied with them and their travelling made it difficult to keep their level of service up, but I believe they could have done better.

Hopefully I haven't rambled or bashed too much, but I wanted to post my experience for others to see. If anyone has any suggestions on the clips on my holster, please let me know.

jonas

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm considering the CTAC myself for shirt-tuckability. :D How do you like yours?

I am also considering the Kytac.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Petrolero,

I've worn my C-TAC for over a year now and I really like it. It's held up well and it conceals my XD-9 subby well. I've only tucked it a few times. It works but you really need to have the right kind of shirt. It's got to be a little blousy in the back. If you get the right type of shirt you can achieve this without looking too odd or out of place. I try to mostly wear untucked. I think the best solution for tucked is a different gun. Like a pocket pistol either in a Smartcarry holster or in your pocket. Tuckable can definitely be done but my preference would be the latter.

brad cook

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Petrolero said:
I'm considering the CTAC myself for shirt-tuckability. :D How do you like yours?

I am also considering the Kytac.
So far, I don't like my CTAC too much. I have better luck concealing with my Mr. Softy from High Noon Holsters. Don't let my luck discourage you at all though, plenty of people are plenty happy with the ctac. I would advise you to not get the C clips if you decide to go the ctac route though.

I don't know anything about the Kytac, so I can't give you any advise on that.

Good luck.

jonas

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I got the standard clips on mine. I also have the J-clips but I don't like them too much...puts too much of the load on your pants' waistband.

brad cook

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got the c-clips and like them very much. A buddy got different clips on his because the c-clip didn't work with his either his body/frame or belt as well I guess.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I just got mine with the standard clips. I've only tucked a few times. The black clips blend in with my black belt, so i didn't have to blouse the shirt out too much. I have quite a few holsters and the ctac is my definite favorite. I recommend it all the time.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice pic in your sig Infidel.

jonas

·
Registered
265 Posts
I tried one of the C-TAC's with both the belt clips and the c-clips and sent the rig back as being too uncomfortable and bad fit. Truthfully the first order was botched when I asked for a holster for the service and received one for the sub. Sent it back and got a service holster with a fit that sucked. Returned second holster for refund. I didn't like the way it felt while wearing it and didn't like the c-clips at all despite a true 1.5 inch wide gunleather belt. :cry:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts