Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've lurked over here from time to time studying up on a few topics. I'm rather active on other guns boards (*cough*arfcom*cough*). I can already see there is a lot more info here about XDs than anywhere else though.

I'm in Wisconsin, and attending college full time. I tend to spend too much of my money on guns...I currently have two XD9s. Both are 4" service size. Looking to add a 5" tactical one day. The 9mm XDM that is coming out (in Jan. '09?) is tempting but then I'd have to stock up on different mags...

The XDs have a Beretta 92FS stepbrother, and quite the extended family of longs guns...I currently own more firearms than years of my life...but I'm only 19 so that's not too impressive.

Anyway, glad to be here. I think I'll be doing a lot more of my XD research over here from now on.:D

Pics?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that an RRA AR?
oh yeah, welcome from NC, sweet arsenal! need more pics!
Here's the parts list for that AR. I just put it together this summer (my first AR):

CMMG lower receiver
CMMG lower parts kit
CMMG mid-length government profile 16" chrome lined upper (1:7 twist rate)
RRA buffer, buffer tube, and 6 position stock
and a cheap CAA carry handle as the rear sight (for now)

So there are a few RRA parts on there, you must have spotted the one brand logo visible in that picture.:p

More pics?

·
Premium Member
8,922 Posts
Holy crap!! A noob that knows how to post pics!! Very nice collection, especially for a college student. Welcome from UT!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Holy crap!! A noob that knows how to post pics!! Very nice collection, especially for a college student. Welcome from UT!
Thanks!

I really shop around for deals...you can save yourself a good bit of money if you let the deals dictate where your collection goes.

I find that if I really get my mind set on something and think I need it right away, then I'll end up paying too much for it just to have it right now. If you wait around and just shop the used racks for those diamonds in the rough and the clearance counter for those once in a lifetime deals you'll end up with a few firearms you weren't expecting to buy, but thoroughly enjoy anyway. And then sometimes you'll find just what your looking for on sale.:D

That blued 4" XD9 only cost me $359 out the door. Never fired (except at the factory). That was a good day!:mrgreen:

Here it is right after I got it-

I scored a NIB Streamlight TLR-1 from Botach on sale for $86 shipped (yeah, Botach, I know :? ...they came through though!). I like the light on the 4" XDs. Really cuts down on muzzle flip.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Didn't see that, now that you mention it. I'm just that stupid about the AR scene. My first AR is a RRA Ent/Tact, and I guess I caught the similaritys. Oh yeah, how new am I to the AR scene? I pick up said rifle Wednesday! Let ya know how I like it.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Geez I gotta get on that......one firearm for every year old!!!! Sweet plan it should go right along with the one box of ammo a week plan/thread!!!! Sweet pics and welcome to the forum!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Didn't see that, now that you mention it. I'm just that stupid about the AR scene. My first AR is a RRA Ent/Tact, and I guess I caught the similaritys. Oh yeah, how new am I to the AR scene? I pick up said rifle Wednesday! Let ya know how I like it.
It took me 4 years to build up the courage to assemble my first AR...I did a lot of research and I still know next to nothing compared to most people. If I would have had the budget I would have just bought an assembled rifle instead of building up from a lower receiver. Wasn't really that difficult though I found out.

I am somewhat knowledgeable about the AK platform...ARs still confound me to some degree though. There's still a lot I need to learn about them.

I went through a shotgun phase as well...this one was a $110 used 870 Wingmaster I came across at a gun store that turned into this with a little under $200 in new parts (bought new barrel, stock set, mag extension, ... I had the sling on hand)

·
Premium Member
127,072 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Very impressive collection. Welcome from Michigan.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts