Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. New here but not to forums. Just got my first handgun, xd9. Currently located at ft leanord wood, mo.

I thought I had done enough research but turns out I didn't. Purchased yesterday still have yet to fire it. Bought it brand new, read the instructions manual and still not sure of im supposed to clean it before I fire it. I know that some other gun companies have some special solvent/oil that they apply to new weapons.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Welcome from Pa.

Yes, clean it first to get all the excess oil & dirt out from the factory. Don't need anything special, just give it a quick clean. The instruction manual will tell you the spots to lubricate. Good luck, and congrats.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Many of the people on here who say to clean first before shooting. But Like others on here I shot my XD9, XD9SC and XDM9 first.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey

·
Premium Member
127,988 Posts
Welcome from Ohio. Definitely break it down and clean it first.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Congrats and welcome from Georgia

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys. This is my first privately owned weapon. Plenty of questions to come im sure.
I'm well versed in all the military rifles/guns just never really used handguns. The wife told me we needed one in the house so here are.

·
Super Moderator
46,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
27,915 Posts
Welcome from Florida!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts