Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just bought an XD 40 Caliber and joined the forum... I guess you have to post 50 posts before you are allowed to enjoy the full featured forum, so I'll be chiming in here and there until I can get to 50 or more. There is a lot of good information here, as I have been reading for a few weeks prior to my purchase. Stay Safe!

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Welcome from SoCal. The 40 was my choice as well. I have family in Ocean Springs and Hattiesburg, fun to visit!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for the friendly welcomes.... I am coming late to the game, I am nearly 60, but I've taken a liking to this shooting bug. I have had a revolver around the house for a lot of years, but have recently become interested in CCW, so I needed a more modern firearm. Lugging that .357 Magnum Security Six around just wouldn't cut it. I looked at a lot of them, the Glocks, Sigs and the like never blew my skirt up, but I held the XD and it just felt like the one I needed to buy. I had looked for a PPQ in 9 or 40 for a few months but couldn't find the right deal. I have blown my allowance on this XD, Ammo a shotgun and have started in on my wife's allowance. Somebody STOP me!

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the new hobby from Georgia. Like you I came to it later in life (64 yrs old and got my Georgia Weapons License just over two years ago). Never shot a handgun before but found I can shoot my XDm pretty well for a noob. I'm gonna take some more classes and continue shooting. I CC my XDm everywhere I can legally do so.
Lots of knowlegeable folks on this forum willing to share their knowledge and experience and exchange ideas. But nobody here will stop you!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks again all! I'm finding that this is a massive forum, it has something new everywhere I look.... Amazing!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Ah, as my son used to say, as a very small boy, when trying to pronounce the name of your state "Mih-Hippee" :)

Welcome from Maine.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts