Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just got a AR15 a couple weeks ago and a Springfield XDm 9mm this past weekend.

I had my pick of AR15's and I ended up going with a Core15 Tac 3. Ive heard some good things about the company, and they are 2.5 hours away from me, so it feels better to buy something made in the same state.

So far Ive upgraded it with a Sightmark UltraShot Pro Spec, Yankee Hill Machine Phantom muzzle brake and a Sig laser/light.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I've heard mixed reviews of the core. How much did you get it for? If you don't mind my asking of course. I've heard they are spendy and they have improperly staked gas keys frequently.
Some people that doesn't bother, but I'm OCD about that.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
And welcome to the forum, from the relentless sunshine state.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've heard mixed reviews of the core. How much did you get it for? If you don't mind my asking of course. I've heard they are spendy and they have improperly staked gas keys frequently.
Some people that doesn't bother, but I'm OCD about that.
I traded a SVT40 for it. His sticker price was 1300, and I just saw them at the gun show for $1100.

My gas key is staked good. I've been told by a few people that the owner is a veteran and that he only hires veterans, so that's pretty cool. Plus I have some peace of mind with their warranty. It says it doesn't matter if it gets bent broken or cracked, or if your the fifth owner and it's seen 40k rounds, the gun is covered under a lifetime warranty including accuracy. That pretty much sold me on it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I love mine. No issue with the gas key here! Overall good fit and finish. Well over 1000 rds mixed brass/steel. never a hiccup.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got a Core 15, a couple weeks ago. I bought a 4M scout. Paid $629 at a gun show. Put a Eotech EXSP2 on it with some Magpul stuff.

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
I picked one up two years ago. Keep the BCG well oiled and it will function perfectly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im working on getting a EoTech from the Swat team as they recently switched to Aimpoints. Hopefully it comes thru, I told them id even take one that doesnt work.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I just purchased a Core 15 Tac III as well a few weeks go. I have not been able to shoot it yet as I was out of town for awhile. Im in Brandon so its nice they arent far if something happens. I wanna actually run up there some time soon and see if I can get a tour. I went with this gun as It had all the Magpul stuff and the free float like I wouldve added eventually anyways and figured I would get it all now. I plan to fire plenty of rounds and get my aim down with the flip ups before i get optics also. I think I am gonna go with the aimpoint pro though as I they mounted it and i checked it out on my gun and liked the look and picture through it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I like my tac II a lot. It is two years old and has been flawless. I did change to a cmc trigger due to preference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts