Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At fifty years of age I bought my first gun about a month ago. It is a Smith&Wesson Model 60 revolver in .357 magnum. I have some friends that are long time gun owners and they talked me into a revolver for my first gun just for the simplicity. Never shot a gun before in my life.

I recently went through an NRA beginners handgun class and as part of that class got an opportunity to shoot a whole bunch of handguns in everything from .22 through .45 including my own .357 (wow, that thing has some punch!) Bottom line is I am HOOKED :mrgreen: I didn't want to leave the range.

I immediately figured out that I needed a semi-auto to go with my revolver (it was lonely there in the house all by itself ;) ) The day I got to shoot different guns I shot probably five different makes of semi-auto including Glock and the XD. Well, let me tell you. I could tell right away that the XD just fit me like a glove. I shot two XD's that day actually - a 9mm sub compact and the .40 also a sub compact. I loved the 9mm so I went out yesterday and bought one. Can't wait to go to the range again and try it out. Don't tell my friends though cause they're Glock nuts so they're going to be real disappointed in me :lol:

If any of the experienced XD folks here have any suggestions for me in terms of gear I should consider for my XD, please share with me.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Well it sounds like your headin in the right direction! I was a wheel man for a long time, but the autos sure have their place! Welcome to the forum!!! and congrads.!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Welcome to the forums, and congrats on participating in your 2nd ammendment rights!! Sure sounds like your hooked now !! lol , it happens ;) and it feels sooooo good )

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Congrats dude! from another Hoosier. Just use the gear it came with for awhile unless you plan on immediately getting into gun games (USPSA, IDPA). I just recommend lots of practice at the range. So go buy some ammo dude!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welcome Yamadog from another Indiana guy. Good to see you here! Let your Glock friends squeeze off a few rounds and watch the disappointment turn to envy (or at least denial!)

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to the world of autos. XD is hard not to love and you will surely fall in love with another XD before long.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Welcome to the forums and excellent choice on the XD9 SC, you wont be disappointing.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
welcome to the forum from NY

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum from CT.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!