Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some trading at my local shop today and got a good deal on a new Hellcat pro. I've liked the feel of the gun since I first saw them but after the initial introduction they seemed to dry up around here. This shop got a bunch in and I jumped on it.
I don't think the shop knew about the Gear Up promotion, no one mentioned it anyway. I found it when I was on the S.A. site. I have now added my name for free mags and a range bag. That's a pretty sweet deal.
Today's weather was 104*, feels like 107. So, no range time for me until temps don't make my shoes melt in the driveway.

·
Registered
SIG Glock Ruger Hk M&P S&W Springfield Taurus
35 Posts
Congrats
Haven't seen a Pro = Longer Frame one in person here YET!
You will get the three FREE magazines + range bag
Springfield ROCKS!
HS Produkt H11

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I plan to put some standard range ammo through mine first, probably Federal American Eagle 124gr stuff. I'll bring some Magtech and S&B too. I usually put 200-300 range rounds through a gun before shooting anything else in it. Most of the +P stuff I have I got during the Covid panic and high priced ammo was all you could find. I hate to waste that stuff on paper targets.
We have a chance for a cool down over the next 3 days but there's also thunderstorms in the forecast. I'll get out if we get a break in the rain and it doesn't get hot again.
Davidson's is a good outfit to buy from. They have a good guarantee. Enjoy your new Pro.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I saw one today & the dealer wanted $749 WOW!

Also found out by trying that a 15 round Hellcat magazine with the extension sleeve removed is exactly the same as a Pro's magazine
My dealer said that helped him too, as he has the 15 round magazines for the Hellcat but none for the Pro

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
That’s what I first bought for mine was the 15’s with the sleeve. Nobody had any of the sleeveless ones. That’s one thing I have to give them is that many of their mags are interchangeable. I can use a full size 15 round XDM mag in my 3.8 XDM elite 10mm. Looks funky but it works. I did get some sleeves and they also fit the 10 & 45 mags.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just bought a Hellcat Pro this afternoon.

I already have a standard Hellcat, but am of the age that a red dot sight is very welcome.
My standard Hellcat has a 5 pound pull, and the Pro feels similar. I'll measure it later.
I prefer any striker fired pistol I use for carry have a 5-6 pound trigger anyway.

I expect the hellcat Pro to work out well as a carry pistol.
I also expect it to have a 1/3 lower co-witness, which works very well for backup sights.
If the Pro works out, I may consider selling the standard Hellcat.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just bought a Hellcat Pro this afternoon.

I already have a standard Hellcat, but am of the age that a red dot sight is very welcome.
My standard Hellcat has a 5 pound pull, and the Pro feels similar. I'll measure it later.
I prefer any striker fired pistol I use for carry have a 5-6 pound trigger anyway.

I expect the hellcat Pro to work out well as a carry pistol.
I also expect it to have a 1/3 lower co-witness, which works very well for backup sights.
If the Pro works out, I may consider selling the standard Hellcat.
Just remember that the 15 round Hellcat magazines are the same as the Pro with the sleeve removed
Seen my first Pro Thursday afternoon late = NICE!
Now I want one of those & an XD
Must be Crazy
Gary

·
Premium Member
22,650 Posts
I bought one Wednesday at my LGS, $712 cash OTD. Came with case and 3 extra mags.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Love mine. It’s become my new EDC gun.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I disassembled the slide, and gave it a deep cleaning. The striker was held in by grit and lube. After reassembly, and lubrication, I found the trigger pull to be much lighter. It’s now ready to take to the range.
I found an old Bianchi OTW holster from a long gone S&W 3913, that fits pretty good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I disassembled the slide, and gave it a deep cleaning. The striker was held in by grit and lube. After reassembly, and lubrication, I found the trigger pull to be much lighter. It’s now ready to take to the range.
I found an old Bianchi OTW holster from a long gone S&W 3913, that fits pretty good.
After reading your post, I also checked my HellCat Pro's striker assembly today.

It was clean & oily ... no "grit" that would impede movement whatsoever inside, however, I did notice that the striker spring does seem to touch the sides of the striker channel, and that seems to create some friction when it moves.

After reassembly, my trigger pull is at 5.5 #.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just a side note, I have a Ruger Security 9 with a Desantis 001, 1 I black leather thumb break OWB holster. I checked the other day and the Hellcat Pro fits this holster pretty well. It is thinner and shorter then the Sec. 9 but sits in the holster well. The thumb button locks and holds the gun in place. It's a little bulkier then some other holsters but it's a good OWB choice.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts