Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, its been a minute since I've been on this forum. I still have my XD9 and love to shoot it. Yesterday, I went in to Scheels, hellbent on the Sig Sauer P365XL, and walked out with the Hellcat Pro OSP. The 365 just didn't feel right in my hands. Anyways, if you're interested, Scheels in Loveland has a deal on the Hellcat Pro OSP right now where you get 5 mags and a range bag for normal MSRP. Tack that on to the $110 you can get off instantly if you apply for (and are approved) for their Visa card, and its one helluva deal. (Don't worry, I had the cash, but for $110, I can get a CC I will never use again. Card will be paid off when I get the first bill.)

Back on topic: Since I didn't do a ton of research prior to buying this gun (yeah, yeah, that's on me. I know I love the manufacturer, so...) I don't know a ton about it. I have a holster on order, and this is where the confusion began.

SPRINGFIELD ARMORY HELLCAT PRO HOLSTERS vs SPRINGFIELD ARMORY HELLCAT PRO OSP HOLSTER

Linked above is Veddar Holsters. I like an OWB kydex holster and they seem to be the only ones that are making them in the simple shape I like. Anyways, they have 2 different options for the Hellcat Pro. I ordered the non OSP version, realized my mistake, and called them. They said the non-OSP and OSP models are different. Due to this, I started looking in to the differences. When I look at Springfield's website, I only see an option for the Hellcat Pro OSP (which I learned means Optical Sight Pistol). I see no mention of the Hellcat Pro (non-OSP) anywhere.

Okay, long windedness coming to a close: Is there a Hellcat Pro? Or is every Hellcat Pro considered OSP because its got the optics plate? I saw that Crossbreed offers an appendix carry holster, which I would like to try at some point, but its only for the Pro, not the Pro OSP.
Automotive tire Tire Camera lens Font Audio equipment

And because I know that if I don't post a picture of the new piece, I will be crucified:

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Yes there is a HC pro. Both it and the OSP are the same except that the OSP comes from the factory with an optical sight. The wording from everyone is confusing and as always little details are left out. Going by the pictures in the link you posted the difference between the holsters is that one is cut lower to accept the optical sight. I’m thinking if you get one that accepts a OS it will fit a gun without one also. The Crossbreed is cut low enough for a OS and also fits the pro without it.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes there is a HC pro. Both it and the OSP are the same except that the OSP comes from the factory with an optical sight. The wording from everyone is confusing and as always little details are left out. Going by the pictures in the link you posted the difference between the holsters is that one is cut lower to accept the optical sight. I’m thinking if you get one that accepts a OS it will fit a gun without one also. The Crossbreed is cut low enough for a OS and also fits the pro without it.
Thanks! What's weird is, both links above ask if you have "RMR/Red Dot Optic (Not Laser)" as the first option, like there was no difference. Thanks for the info on Crossbreed.

The Hellcat Pro has a longer barrel and slide than the regular Hellcat (OSP or not). Make sure you choose the Hellcat Pro holster, or your Hellcat Pro gun will not fit.
Thanks - I knew the the Hellcat holsters would not fit the Pro. That I learned early on. ha!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts