Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a new Desert Tan Hellcat and have about 300 rounds with no mechanical issues. But, the Trijicon sight does not glow! I will contact SA next week but they all may have problems. Very happy with the performance but disappointed if it came with a defective site. Please check before you leave the gunshop with it. This is my second gun with Trijicon and the other gun is a P365 (3 months old). Both guns are great but the Sig clearly glows! As all my other guns are factory Glocks the upgrade to night sights was part of the decision to purchase. Maybe it's an easy fix. I will report back.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Please do. In most cases, the sights are old or the vial broke. Either way, this should be covered. These are new guns with this option so in looking to see if others have experienced any issues like yours, nothing popped up in a google search. You won't have your gun for awhile which sucks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please do. In most cases, the sights are old or the vial broke. Either way, this should be covered. These are new guns with this option so in looking to see if others have experienced any issues like yours, nothing popped up in a google search. You won't have your gun for awhile which sucks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried to call SA today but sat on the phone for 30 minutes on hold. Work issues came up so I hung up and will try again soon.

·
Banned
1,224 Posts
Do the guns mentioned in the OP actually have Trijicon sights?
The 365 comes with Sig (x ray) branded sights, not sure about the hellcat, so unless the Sig sights were changed they are not Trijicon sights.

Yes Trijicon is a local to me company so I don't like to see people knocking their products when the problem is NOT with their products. These threads pop up in search's, so proper use of names does matter.

If they are actually Trijicon sights, keep the thread updated to show how they handled it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
No where that I read does Springfield specifically state who makes the sights on the Hellcat. I believe the OP is calling all tritium sights Trijicon sights. And yes, that skews search information. The front sight on my Hellcat states "USA H320". I couldn't get anything to come up with that number.

Reactions: .45fan

·
Registered
44 Posts
rosecrans is correct. The U-Dot sights on the Hellcat are Tritium, but NOT Trijicon brand. I believe the H320 number might be the iteration. I've seen H318 and H319 on the front sight as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The SA website points to Trijicon for sight warranty and they have a 800 number to call. Maybe it’s for other sights as I may be the first person with the problem. But, I picked up another Hellcat and it had issues as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I talked to SA and the slide/site will go back to them for review. Please make sure you check the front night sight to make sure it glows before you purchase. Bummer!!!! Glad I have other back up weapons. Not sure the brand of sight but will report back if I figure it out. Maybe the moderator can replace Trijicon with "night sight" until the culprit is identified. The people at SA were professional on the call. Likely, a bad batch of night sights!!!!!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
The SA warranty page specifically says their 1911 tritium sights are Trijicon.

The Hellcat has SA's " Tactical Rack U-Dot™ "

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The SA warranty page specifically says their 1911 tritium sights are Trijicon.

The Hellcat has SA's " Tactical Rack U-Dot™ "
I struggle to find the manufacturer of the night site. Nothing comes up for me on a google search. If "
Tactical Rack U-Dot" is the brand would someone send me the link to the manufacturer? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I bought glock 48 silver slide other day. Got home and noticed my rear sight left dont doesn't glow. Glockbtold me to send sight in for replacement. I wonder with all the gun sales if sight manufacture is speeding up production eith little quality control. Hope your situation works out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bought glock 48 silver slide other day. Got home and noticed my rear sight left dont doesn't glow. Glockbtold me to send sight in for replacement. I wonder with all the gun sales if sight manufacture is speeding up production eith little quality control. Hope your situation works out.
I will keep everyone updated on the progress. The 48 is on my list as well. Smile!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes CDT, I hope you get this taken care of in a timely manor. SA has good CS in the one and only time I have called them. And it was about an accessory order. I'm assuming the other Hellcat you handled was another sight not glowing?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I struggle to find the manufacturer of the night site. Nothing comes up for me on a google search. If "
Tactical Rack U-Dot" is the brand would someone send me the link to the manufacturer? Any help is appreciated.
Springfield is the manufacturer. That is their trademarked product name.

Tritium is controlled by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, which means VERY few companies are even allowed to import them into the US. I think there's only about a dozen or so in the US, and even fewer manufacturers world wide. (ITTSAN GTLS Co in Korea makes tubes for firearm sights, MB-Microtec in Bern Switzerland does as well)

Since Tritium has a usable half-life of 12.36 years, there's a lot of variables as to the age of the tubes, storage condition, possible bad seal, etc) The problem with Tritium sights is that in any kind of daylight, tritium is nearly impossible to see the illumination from (which is when the sights are assembled). The phosphorescent coating may still have some residual illumination from daylight, but not from the tritium inside, so you cant really tell without enough ambient darkness.

i.e. never buy tritium sights unless you can put them in something enclosed and dark and look at them first.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a Hellcat also and i dont believe Trijicon is the actual brand of the front sight. mine glows ok but not the best. i will be watching for a brand name nite sight to replace the original ones.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I took both the P365 and the Hellcat to the range today and had a great time. Maybe a slight edge to accuracy with the Hellcat today. Choosing a winner between the two is impossible. Competition is a good thing. For those on the fence pick one and shoot more. No regrets to having both in my stable! Smile!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts