Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to the shoot the [email protected] with ya'll real quick before I read more...
I just found this site after visiting AR-15.com. I recently purchased a XD-40 service model approx. 5 month's ago. This is not my first however I have the HS2000 9MM which I purchased about 3 years ago. I love both weapons.

I noticed in my breif view of this site, people are haveing problems with rust and mis-fires.

Liveing in Atl. I have no rust and I carry everyday.

I had a misfire one time and only once and I can say that it was the ammo. I say this cause there was a mark from the strike on the primer, and my firend shooting the same ammo missed once with his Glock model 23. The Ammo was of PMC brand.

Other than that great gun, I am looking to see how and what mods I can do...

·
Registered
885 Posts
Welcome.

xd4life said:
I am looking to see how and what mods I can do...
Best mod, bar none, is a Canyon Creek trigger job.

Oh...and a Don's guide rod. I always forget about this one because there isn't one for the SC yet. :?

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
welcome

I have Dons rod and 22# spring

but have not gotten the trigger job yet

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been a gun owner since I got my 10/22 at birth that said.
I have never thought of doing much with my HS because when I bought my Gen 1 there were no aftermarket items. now I hove the 40 and I shoot more i would consider upgrades

tell me more about the trigger job. that is where I will start

·
Registered
885 Posts
xd4life said:
tell me more about the trigger job. that is where I will start
You should be able to get all your info here....click

Or go straight to the source....click

Rich is extremely fast and very professional. My trigger function is awesome. Absolutely the best XD mod available.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks like a hundred bucks spent. what type of turn around time?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Rich seems to average about a week turn-around on a trigger job. He could be a little bit backed up, hard to tell how many given him their guns at USPSA Nationals to have work done though :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts