Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I did a search on most of these things but did not find any of the answers I was really looking for.

First off, I just bought a 4" XD-40 yesterday. Just shot it today. I love it. It is the first pistol I bought. Put about 130 WWB rounds through it. No flaws. I have shot a few pistols but the this is the first one I bought.

Anyway, I took hunters saftey in school and have pretty good gun safety and decent aim. I do need to practice though.

Will this laser: http://www.shooterssupply.com/html/cat_laser_sights_for_pistols.html work for my XD? I realize the rail is the same size but it looks like it attachs to the trigger guard also. I may just have to contact that company.

Anything I own I like to modify. I don't really know gun mechanics. I'm a pretty mechanical person so I'm sure I'll pick it up quick. Anyway, what does a better spring and or rod do? Reduce recoil or things like that? Im a pretty big guy so recoil is not a problem but less recoil is better always.

Also, I read a couple things about grips and such. Now I read that people were having problems with certain ones sliding around. Is this still a problem? I would want one of these types because of the finger things.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Pic of my new gun:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Nickc, not sure what your budget is, but for around 240.00 bucks you can also get the M-6 streamlight that will offer you a flashlight and a laser...I own one, and now that I have it...I would not want to be without it....Tom :D

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I want a smaller more compact laser. Thats why I want that cat one. ANyone know of lasers like that for the XD 40? The streamlight is real nice but i want something smaller.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts