Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy, maybe new owner. But need 2 get a price opinion first. Guy at work is trying to sell me a xd40 tactical with 5" barrel and green laser, forgot what brand laser though. he says about 150 rounds through it. Has everything it came with when he bought it plus 4 magazines and 100 rounds. He wants 550 for it. I think he's crazy. The gun is only around 510 bucks new. But it will be my first gun so maybe i'm crazy and thats a good deal. So, what do you guys think, should I snatch this thing up this week or tell him find another guy at work to screw over? Thanks.

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
Gun plus ammo is about what the difference is, that you describe ... Add in the laser, and it's not a great deal, but it's not bad either.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
The mags alone are roughly $30 a piece if not more! ammo id say $40-45 ish (at least around here) i dont think its a steal of a deal but it is a deal ... add in all the taxes you pay to buy new and that $510 might jump up to about $550. ( I dont know what your sales tax is in your state )

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your opinions. I Feel better its not a total rip off of a price. Ill probably shoot it tomorrow and check it out again, Then make a decision.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Thanks for your opinions. I Feel better its not a total rip off of a price. Ill probably shoot it tomorrow and check it out again, Then make a decision.
The brand of laser will make a big difference, if its a lasermax or other name brand its a great deal, if its a cheap made in china, then its not a great deal.

don

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
the laser is the big question here. brand new for 550+150 rnds isnt bad but used its a little high. as others have saidcheck on the brand of the laser because some are quite pricey.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The guy i bought mine from was asking $550 also, just what came with it, no extras... I talked to him for a while then showed him 4 $100 bills and walked away with the gun. You've just got to figure out how bad he needs the money. The extra mags are a huge plus and depending on that laser it could be a good deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts