Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals, I just got my new XD-40 monday and love it! I think I got a sweet deal, I paid $500 and it came with three high cap mags and the XML light. haven't got to shoot it yet, but I shot a friends earlier, so I"m not concerned if i'll like it.
Just thought I'd say hi

p.s. if there's anyone in MN with a carry permit, I'd like to know a good place in southern MN to get the training?

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I've got two XDs and paid about $500 for each of them about a year and a half ago. They came with 2 ten round mags, no XML light, no candy, no balloons

Welcome to the forum, you turned a good deal!

Shoot safe, and enjoy!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I picked up my XD40 acouple of weeks back, here in Henderson, for $399; best deal I found, even 50 bucks cheaper than the recent Gun Show. Fired 200 rounds yesterday and had a great time. First time with a handgun in about 43 years, and that being a service 1911A1 or a S&W .38 Police Spl. Havent figured out why most of my rounds are going left of bullseye, but suspect I am jerking the trigger, expecting the BANG! I did end up getting the 940 magazine loader, which worked great for the 12 round mags.

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
NevJohn said:
I picked up my XD40 acouple of weeks back, here in Henderson, for $399; best deal I found, even 50 bucks cheaper than the recent Gun Show. Fired 200 rounds yesterday and had a great time. First time with a handgun in about 43 years, and that being a service 1911A1 or a S&W .38 Police Spl. Havent figured out why most of my rounds are going left of bullseye, but suspect I am jerking the trigger, expecting the BANG! I did end up getting the 940 magazine loader, which worked great for the 12 round mags.
Welcome to the forum, John. Once you get a little more familiar with the trigger, I'm sure your groups will swing right.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Thanks Frenchy for the comments. Well, I suspect at my age, with abit of "the shakes", it doesnt help any, ha. Ahh, getting old is fun?? Anyway, sure enjoy the piece, and seems to perform as advertised.
:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts