Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at buds the other day and looked at a 45 compact with a 5 inch barrel.
Now I see some of the were rated 10+1 and some as 10+1/13+1 for mag size.
I was wondering if the 10+1 would accept the 13+1 magazine as well. I asked buds and they didnt know.
I have a full sized xd45 with the 13+1 mags. I would hate to by the compact that only took the 10+1 mag and not accept my 13+1 mag.
Not sure of the magazine that came with this compact was a single stack only.
If any one has any info or comments I'd love to hear them

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
the XD 45 Compact Tactical...yes it accepts full-size magazines...yes it accepts 45 compact magazines...

the 10+1 is probably reduced capacity for Communist States...

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
the XD 45 Compact Tactical...yes it accepts full-size magazines...yes it accepts 45 compact magazines...

the 10+1 is probably reduced capacity for Communist States...
^ Probably..

XD45compact has a short 10 rd mag and a standard 13 rd mag.

10 rd mag with a Pearce extension

Standard 13 rd XD45 mag with sleeve..

Everything together when I sold mine a long time ago.
Mine was a 4 inch but it doesn't matter.....

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
i should have elaborated...lol...and correct sir...its standard-cap for a compact 45...i always forget the .40 subcomp got one less round :grin:

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
As noted, yes the 45C will accept 13rd mags with or without the supplied spacer. 10+1 is fine, spare 10 in a pouch, gtg.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
I was looking at buds the other day and looked at a 45 compact with a 5 inch barrel.
Now I see some of the were rated 10+1 and some as 10+1/13+1 for mag size.
I was wondering if the 10+1 would accept the 13+1 magazine as well. I asked buds and they didnt know.
I have a full sized xd45 with the 13+1 mags. I would hate to by the compact that only took the 10+1 mag and not accept my 13+1 mag.
Not sure of the magazine that came with this compact was a single stack only.
If any one has any info or comments I'd love to hear them
Welcome to the forum! I'm guessing from your handle that you're from Minnesota. If you're looking to get into the XD/XDM game, unless the price difference is absolutely astounding between the models advertised as having 10 or 13 round mags, go with the 13. XD magazines run ~$30 with shipping, so figure that into your cost. I'd recommend going with the XDM over the XD. I've owned both and the XDM has a nicer trigger that more than justifies the price difference.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
The triggers on any of the XD line are totally hit or miss. My XD45TAC was actually shootable. The XD45C, pure crap. My buddy's XDM Comp/40, crap. So it will vary quite a bit. Buy the gun you like, you can always tweak the trigger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts