Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO EVERY BODY. I'M NEW TO THE FORUM SO HERE'S A LITTLE BACKGROUND. I HAVE HAD A XDM 3.8 9MM FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS NOW THAT I BOUGHT NEW. AND JUST A WEEK AGO I BOUGHT A XDM 4.5 45 ACP USED FROM A FRIEND. HE BOUGHT IT NEW 3 MONTHS A GO AND HAS ON FIRE 50 ROUNDS THROUGH IT. MY QUESTION IS THAT ON MY 3.8 THE SLIDE LOCK SEEMS TO HAVE A SPRING THAT PULLS DOWN. WHAT I MEAN IS IF THE SLIDE IS LOCKED BACK AND I PULL IT ALL THE WAY BACK AND LET IT GO IT WILL DROP THE SLIDE LOCK AND LET THE SLIDE GO ALL THE WAY FORWARD. BUT MY 4.5 DOES NOT. IT WILL LOCK ON MY LAST **** OR I.CAN LOCK IT MANUALLY. BUT WHEN IT COMES TIME TO RELEASE THE SLIDE THE ONLY WAY I CAN IS TO Manually pull the slide lock down. is this.how the gun is designed or am I missing somthing?. thanks for the help and sorry for all the caps. I'm on my phone and hate to type all that lol

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
the 4.5 should be no different than the 3.8 as far as slide lock......you have a dirty gun, or a broken/dislodged spring. if he ever took the slide lock out (which is very easy to do) and didnt put it back in right....that would also cause your problem

part number 19 is the spring you are referring to, and the spring pushes, not pulls

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok I took the slide out in both guns and they appear to heave the spring and they appear to be in the same spot. the guns a pretty clean. I wonder if it was an issue from the factory because I remember it being like that ever since my friend has owned it.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
ok I took the slide out in both guns and they appear to heave the spring and they appear to be in the same spot. the guns a pretty clean. I wonder if it was an issue from the factory because I remember it being like that ever since my friend has owned it.
With the slide off, when you push the slide stop up, it stays up?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Or your checking one with an empty mag and the other with no mag inside. just thought i'd throw that out there. but of course follow your steps to safely disassemble your firearm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts