Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

I'm new here as well as being new to firearms. My first gun just shipped today (XDM 4.5 9mm) and I'm excited to learn as much as I can and getting to the range to destroy some paper. :D

I'm from WI, so exciting things happening here with the CCW law taking effect in a few months. I do not plan on carrying, but welcome the right to do so.

Looking forward to reading up on the forums!

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Texas, and to the Springfield family! :D

·
Registered
31,568 Posts
Welcome from OK.
Even if you do not plan to carry I suggest you take the class, they usually teach some basic skills that everyone should know. Best to start off with safe habits than trying to change them later. I am trying to get my wife to take the class here for that very reason, I feel like she might learn better from a third party.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Welcome from vegas. For a second there I thought I was going to read about tactical body armor, high poerwed parking lot rifles, and the dangerous world of shopping malls.

Your gonna love your pistol. And yese, look into some classes.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming. Carry man, Carry......no reason not to....

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida!

·
Premium Member
21,380 Posts
hello to ya

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all for the welcomes. I took my first class at a local Gander Mountain (Academy). Very nice facility. I have another class at a different range coming up in the next few weeks as well (private one-on-one with technique review and then plenty of live range). I'm definitely in the "know the basics before ANYTHING else" type of person, so I want a solid foundation prior to even going to a range alone to shoot. I'm kind of OCD that way and with something like a handgun, even more so.

I'm off to the accessories forum on here to see if I can find a good gun cleaning kit... :)

·
Premium Member
127,175 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Welcome to the forum...:)