Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on automotive forums for years, but this month is rounding out month 7 of my XD ownership and for some reason I'd never registered on this site until now. As I'm sure its been said before I love the gun. Picked up my XD-40 Tactical in all black from a local private gun dealer who supplies alot of the leo's around here. I'd shot Glock before and a friends Taurus .380 out at my father-in-law's house before buying the gun but didn't like the grip angle of the Glock or the overall feel of the Taurus. That's when I'd heard about the XD and after holding one at the local Gander Mountain I was sold on the idea. I chose the Tactical model for the longer barrel length and accuracy that it should help provide. I intend to use this gun in tactical shooting competitions so the longer barrel should help there I hope. I'll probably be carrying the gun at times until I can save up for one of the 3" models with the XML or similar light on it. Right now the gun is stock except for a cheesy NC-Star laser-flashlight mount that I picked up at a local gunshow. Well enough jabbering here's the pics.

First 40 rounds through the gun at 20 feet.

Gun in case

Dual master locks keep it safe in here.

Laser with Light

Laser alone

Laser on / Light and laser on (laser blinded to camera, visible to human eye)

·
Registered
833 Posts
Welcome, nice case looks like you could drop that off a building. See you have the basics down with the xd including lots of WWB--lol.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The case is actually designed to be both pressure and water resistant for storing electronics and stuff. Works pretty good though for holding a gun as well. Yea there's probably about 600 rounds there of WWB. Gun loves it :lol:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
standalone said:
hey what is the range on that laser? how far does it still show during the day?
It was showing just fine today at the range up to 25 feet or so. Only problem is that the crappy mounting system would let it jump off of the end of the gun after 10-12 rounds. The laser would literally walk forward a couple millimeters every fire. I tried to tighten it down a little better and the friggin holes stripped out on the attachment point. It will stay on at home along with the flashlight, but at the range both come off until I can get my new Streamlight/Insight M6. Should only be a couple more weeks, pisser is that if I hadn't bought this POS, I could place my order tomorrow for the M6.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Nice pics and welcome to the club! :)
Nice case, but be cautious about moisture in air tight containers. Just a bit of stray moisture and your XD could be in trouble :cry:
Good luck, safe shooting 8)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hobocircus said:
Nice pics and welcome to the club! :)
Nice case, but be cautious about moisture in air tight containers. Just a bit of stray moisture and your XD could be in trouble :cry:
Good luck, safe shooting 8)
It only stays in the case to and from places, and that's only until I get my CCW.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Try taking a small piece of duct or electrical tape around the laser once. Take a razor and trim it so that the tape is the same width as the holder this will fill the space so that you wont have to tighten it so much. I bought an elcheapo and had the same issue and that is what I did to fix it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
beakersloco said:
Try taking a small piece of duct or electrical tape around the laser once. Take a razor and trim it so that the tape is the same width as the holder this will fill the space so that you wont have to tighten it so much. I bought an elcheapo and had the same issue and that is what I did to fix it.
Actually the issue was that it wouldn't clamp to the rail as tightly as I needed it to. I ended up grabbing a small nut and some different screws and attaching it that way. I'll have to take some more pics of that later.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay pics finally. First up are the new screws that will hopefully make this laser semi-useful. Longer screws and two tiny nuts on each end to sandwich the two pieces.

tiny silver dots are nuts.

gold is end of the screws.

extra width due to nuts sticking out now.

2ndly, pics of the 3 shorty rounds in one box of blazer brass, all 3 rounds were right next to each other. Normal Federal premium home defense round in the middle for comparison.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts