Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question regarding conversion kits. I currently have an XDm 3.8 .40 and am interested in getting a conversion kit to go from .40 to 9mm. Would I just need to buy a 9mm barrel and mag to fit the 3.8? I love the work that I've done with my .40 but not really wanting to buy a whole new piston in 9mm. also would I have to buy new guide rod springs or is that only if I want to go larger like to a .45? any help is appreciated thanks very much in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
The 3.8 is still new enough that not many aftermarket mfg have geared up for much production yet. Normally, only the conversion barrel and 9mm specific magazines are needed for reasonable range reliability. Even 40 mags can work if you bend in the feed lips but this usually has more feeding problems than with 9mm mags. Sometimes a lighter recoil spring can improve reliability with the 40 to 9mm conversion. Often not needed and none available yet for 3.8 anyway. You can only convert to an equal or smaller size cartridge rim diameter to fit into the existing breech face cut. In the XD/XDm series this means 40SW to 357SIG or 9mm or 357SIG to 40SW or 9mm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts