Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this sight looking for info on the pistol I just traded for. I traded a friend some old muscle car parts for a near brand new XDm Compact 40 complete with two extra 16 round mags and 2 IWB holsters. He shot 100 rounds and decided to go with a smaller Kahr 40 for concealing. He made the offer so WoW, I jumped on it. Since I reload 9s and 45s my plan is to trade this package one for the exact same XDm pistol in 9mm. There's a gun show next weekend in the Dallas Fort Worth area. Are there many 9mm shooters going to .40 cals or are the 40 Cal shooters going to 9's ? .40 ammo is a bit higher to buy. Thanks

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Northern California!

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
the .40 offers alot more bang for your buck. I know alot of police agencies have switched over(9mm to 40). I personally like my .40 although it is "snappy" even more so than my .45. and yes the ammo is more $, around here its just as expensive as the .45's. You can go either way in wich is better 9mm or the .40.. there are a ton of forums and threads about it( enough to make your head spin) add the .45 to that mix and you will be lost in the threads for weeks! I too load the 9mm and .45 ( no .40 dies yet) im a bit intimidated about loading the .40 as it is a high pressure cartridge err go isnt very forgiving! Any way enough about my ramblings, id stick with the .40 personally but which ever way you go a Springfield is a Springfield you will never be disappointed!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Welcome. You know there are a lot of guys who are fans of their calibers, I like all of them. I currently carry a 9 subcompact and love it. I am able to carry a few more rounds being a 9 mm but I love the 40 sw. I just know that shot placement is more important than bigger caliber. That is just my opinion, but I say shoot what you like and are most comfortable with

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies! I'm a fan of all of them too. I have SA wheel guns in various calibers and a few large and small frame autos. We have a place in the country where we hunt and practice shooting. I'll usually burn 200-500 rounds in a session so .40 cal cost is a factor since I have 9mm reload ammo in bulk quantities. Likewise, I don't shoot my .380 or .25 acp autos for the same reason. I'll be looking for a trade next weekend.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Welcome to the Forum TX55 from Farmersville, and to the Springfield family.

All of mine are of the .40 s&w and greater, but am looking to pickup my first 9mm here very soon. Matter of fact, am gonna buy 2 of 'em. I think that everyone should have at least 1.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Welcome to the forum...:)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to the Forum TX55 from Farmersville, and to the Springfield family.

All of mine are of the .40 s&w and greater, but am looking to pickup my first 9mm here very soon. Matter of fact, am gonna buy 2 of 'em. I think that everyone should have at least 1.
I have thought about "one of each" and I do like the XD SubC 9mm ;)

·
Registered
676 Posts
Welcome to the forum! My daily carry is an XD9sc.

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Welcome to the fourm from Louisiana.

·
Premium Member
23,690 Posts
hello there

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin.

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
Just found this sight looking for info on the pistol I just traded for. I traded a friend some old muscle car parts for a near brand new XDm Compact 40 complete with two extra 16 round mags and 2 IWB holsters. He shot 100 rounds and decided to go with a smaller Kahr 40 for concealing. He made the offer so WoW, I jumped on it. Since I reload 9s and 45s my plan is to trade this package one for the exact same XDm pistol in 9mm. There's a gun show next weekend in the Dallas Fort Worth area. Are there many 9mm shooters going to .40 cals or are the 40 Cal shooters going to 9's ? .40 ammo is a bit higher to buy. Thanks
What part of North Central Texas are you from? I come from the Denton area.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome to a fellow Texas shooter! If you reload other calibers then don't be afraid to reload the 40 as well. I use a Berrys plated 165gr with Unique powder and haven't had any problems running them through my XD's.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts