Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Long time lurker of this site, thought it was time for my first post. I have a xd40 sc. While target shooting today i noticed that there were times that i was anticipating the trigger click and it was throwing some of my shots off. What would be a good trigger to install on my gun to help reduced some of the trigger travel and pull? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
There are kits available from Springer Precision, PRP, and the factory. That said, changing the trigger job may just hide the symptom and allow you to continue with a bad habit. You should focus on getting rid of the flinch and THEN get the trigger job. Otherwise, you will have one gun that you shoot well but not so good at your other pistols, rifles, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
What he said. Practice perfecting technique first. This is really done best with a knowledgeable coach (not necessarily a shooting buddy). Random snapcaps in the mag will show the problem, but good instruction will cure the problem faster. If no coach/instructor in the budget, try video taping closeups of firing the pistol for review of different grip results and to track improvement.
Then if you still want to change the trigger look into the kits mentioned.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Sounds like more practice will solve the problem. You're anticipating the shot. Try putting a couple of snap caps in every magazine when you practice. Run at least 500 rounds through it before you start changing things. You may be surprised at the difference.

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
What they said +1

Springer Precision is the one I used on two of my XD's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts