Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously looking to buy an XD-Compact. Anybody care to give your experience with one? Accuracy? Reliability? Etc.

I have heard that a 1911 should not be any smaller than an Officers Model because the smaller the 1911, the less reliable. But, does this same theory hold for the XD?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I got an xd 40 sub a few months ago to match my service model, I have put many hundred rounds of different ammo through it and have not had any problems at all. Very reliable, I have been carrying it everyday sence I got it.
as for how good it shoots... the gun shoots straiter than I can.

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
I've had my sub for around a year now and it's more reliable than I thought a semi auto could ever be. It's an excellent shooter. I shoot it often. It's my carry gun as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Looking at one today for $416. First time I ever held a Sub-Compact. Own a Service Model and love it. But after holding that Sub today it felt right at home in my dick beaters. :shock:

Thinking this is gonna be my next pistol.

·
Registered
196 Posts
SOCOM 16 said:
Thanks guys. Looking at one today for $416. First time I ever held a Sub-Compact. Own a Service Model and love it. But after holding that Sub today it felt right at home in my dick beaters. :shock:

Well, if you don't mind buying semi-new (or barely used - you pick ;)) I have a great XD9SC for sale in the Trading Post area. Check it out and let me know. Have approx. 500rds. through it TOTAL.

Here's the link:
http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=21105

·
Registered
885 Posts
one-eyed-fatman said:
I've had my sub for around a year now and it's more reliable than I thought a semi auto could ever be. It's an excellent shooter. I shoot it often. It's my carry gun as well.
+1
OEF took the exact words right out of my mouth.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just got through posting on Walther Forum what my favorite gun is. I love this little 9mm sub XD. It is damn accurate. I shoot ok 3 inch groups at 21-25 feet, but even I can shoot a sub 1.5 inch group at this distance at least once an outing. With that in mind, I know there are guys on here who can shoot that tight or even tighter on a consistant basis. I have had only one FTE stove pipe which was in the first 200 rounds. I have not had any other failure since buying it in January.

Buy one and get the Pearse grip extension.

Chris Cahill

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
SOCOM 16 said:

That's funny right there I don't care who you are... :D

Dick beaters....ROFL!

·
Registered
28 Posts
SOCOM 16 said:
Seriously looking to buy an XD-Compact. Anybody care to give your experience with one? Accuracy? Reliability? Etc.

I have heard that a 1911 should not be any smaller than an Officers Model because the smaller the 1911, the less reliable. But, does this same theory hold for the XD?

Thanks in advance.
I've had mine for almost a year and a half and have around 3000 rounds through it. I've had no significant problems with feed or function, and it's more accurate than I am. If something were to happen to mine, I'd buy another one just like it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
For sure on the pierce frips! Once you add those, your accuracy will improve and your confidence drawing it under stress will too.

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
+1 on the subby,Love mine.Pearce grips for me is a must,my dick beaters are pretty big. :lol:

·
Registered
86 Posts
oldmantod said:
+1 on the pearce grip extensions, it was almost unbearable until I got those...

T
+1

I bought my XD-SC right along with the grip extensions. When I first looked at it my pinky hung off. However with the grip extensions it's perfect. I actually finally took it shooting yesterday.

Here is my range report from taking my XD9 SC and my Steyr S9 to the range. (you'll have to excuse the gramatical errors in the report I was kinda doped up last night on percocet for my neck)

http://www.steyrclub.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=423

1 - 17 of 17 Posts