Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I operate a tow truck for a livingand wanted to know if anyone knows for sure if there is a law in wv about carring my pistol with me in a commercial vehicle?? I have asked 5 different local LEO's and have gotten 5 different answers. So does any know the answer or can point me in the right direction for a answer. Thanks Rob

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. I do think that everyone would agree that the LEO is the wrong place to get your answer.

As far as a commercial vehicle, I would think that it all boils down to the company policy that the vehicle belongs to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the Forum. I do think that everyone would agree that the LEO is the wrong place to get your answer.

As far as a commercial vehicle, I would think that it all boils down to the company policy that the vehicle belongs to.
My boss said ok but he also said he was told that it was illegal so that is why I am asking. My local NRA said there was no federal laws that he know about but he said every state can be different.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
I am also searching for a solid answer to the question as I also drive a commercial vehicle.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My boss said ok but he also said he was told that it was illegal so that is why I am asking. My local NRA said there was no federal laws that he know about but he said every state can be different.
Correct. No federal laws, so hopefully someone can answer about your state laws. Been driving commercial for several years, but I only work in the same three states and know their laws well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts