Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lurking here for awhile, learning about the XD and I thought I'd pop in and say "hello" since I finally made the leap....

I just bought an XD40 yesterday. I pick it up on Saturday. While I was there, I told the salesman that I could get a drop-in 9mm barrel for it. He spent the next 10 minutes telling me that it wasn't possible, that the 357 SIG conversion was possible, but never the 9mm. He proceeded to get 2 other salespeople to confirm his opinion and they, too, said, "No way, it isn't possible! You would have to change the spring...everything...no way!" ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

anybody?
anybody?

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
Like most, they are not educated on what is available today. Some gun shops state that you will have an extraction problem. We have been selling barrels for quite some time now and have yet to hear of any problems.

I haven't figured out if this is a ploy to get you to buy another gun or if these guys just don't get it. In any event, consider yourself smarter than the guy you bought the gun from. :D

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
thats funny... cause there are quite a few people on this board that shoot a 9mm conversion barrel in their .40.

hell, even when you order the barrel, it says "9mm conversion"

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think i will go back into the shop to use their range when i have the drop-in 9mm barrel. i also think i will do the converison on their counter, not in the range or at home...... that should do the trick, yeah?

it isn't so much that they are ignorant of current tech, it is the fact that they were so concrete in their opinions that they saw it as fact. when they told me it couldn't be, i said, "well, i will have to look into it again." when i told them it existed, they said, "Absolutely not!" There just wasn't a chance they could be wrong....... irritating! :evil:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Better yet post the name and phone number on this post all of us will call and ask for a conversion barrel whats that a few thousand phone calls.... Sorry just the sadistic side of one of my personalities coming out

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Old School said:
We have been selling barrels for quite some time now and have yet to hear of any problems.
Sorry to rain on the parade...I've mentioned it in other places on this board. My EFK 9mm conversion barrel is barely ok. For the most part it ejects, but never well. It's ok for range work but I'd never trust my life to it.

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
sjp2452 said:
Old School said:
We have been selling barrels for quite some time now and have yet to hear of any problems.
Sorry to rain on the parade...I've mentioned it in other places on this board. My EFK 9mm conversion barrel is barely ok. For the most part it ejects, but never well. It's ok for range work but I'd never trust my life to it.
Did you talk with Frank to see if he can help you out? EFK offers a life time warranty on their items and Frank will make the barrel right if there is a problem.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ron xd357 said:
Better yet post the name and phone number on this post all of us will call and ask for a conversion barrel whats that a few thousand phone calls.... Sorry just the sadistic side of one of my personalities coming out
I like that............a lot.......... :twisted:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts