Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,933 Posts
Hello from Poland :). My name is Dawid and I live in Poland. Glad to be a part of the XDTalk Forum.
Witamy Cię

You'll find lots of helpful information here, and some fun!

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Celebration Florida.

·
Administrator
17,368 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois..

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Hi!

Hello from Poland :). My name is Dawid and I live in Poland. Glad to be a part of the XDTalk Forum.
Welcome to the forum. It's impressive that you are here and that you own a .45 XD-S Mod.2 (HS-S5 in Europe). From what I understand, it is even harder to get a gun in Poland than it is here in California where I live. Here we pass a test (30 questions about gun safety, operation, regulations) and pay $25USD to get a gun permit (Firearms Safety Certificate). I have read that you have to pay almost $650USD (PLN 2500) for a gun permit, pass a written exam about gun usage and regulations, then pass a psychological test. Wow! Good for you. I hope you can get the spring kit you're looking for. There are a lot of export restrictions for firearms parts.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@BassCliff HS-S5 isn't mine :) It's my fiancee's, I have HS-SF19 4.5" 9x19 (XD-M Elite?). And we have a more guns of course except HS/XD :). And We reloading 9x19, .45acp, .38spl and .223rem.
There are several possibilities to get a permit for gun.
We have a permit for weapons for sports and collecting purposes. It's the easiest way for me to get a permit.
1 PLN = 0,25 USD
For first you must be 21years old, mental health impeccable, don't have alcohol or drug problems

1. You must to join a sport and collector's club. You must pay at this moment(in club where we are): 60PLN per year for sport, 10PLN per year for collector's and entry fee 190PLN (in this fee you have 150pcs .22lr and 10pcs 12gauge with training).

2. After 3 months you can take the exam for shooting patent/license (400PLN for exam and 0-100PLN for sports doctor, the amount depends on the doctor). The exam is about theory and shooting. For first you go on theory a randomly selected set of 10 questions with 2 questions from a category:

a) the Act on Weapons and Ammunition and regulations based on it
b) safety rules when using sports weapons,
c) shooting regulations,
d) construction, principles of operation and technical data of weapons for sports purposes,
e) provisions of the Criminal Code on crimes related to weapons.

You must answer the first 4 questions without fail, in the next six, you can make at most one mistake.
There are approximately 461 questions in the database.

And shooting next :):
Pistol: 25m(27,34yards), you have 5 shots, minimum 4 holes in a 15cm circle(5,9inches), most often we shoot with margolin .22lr
Rifle: 50m(54,68yards), you have 5 shots, minimum 4holes in a 5cm circle(1,968inches), most often we shoot with old cm2 vostok .22lr with sport diopter sight
Shotgun: 10m(10,94yards), you have 5 shot, minimum 4 popper from 5.
If you not pass theory or shooting, you can improve the exam for 100PLN

3. The next is fee for sport license and provincial sport shooting association (50 + 20 PLN per year)

4. And medical examination (3-6hours + 350-500PLN), checking doctor + eye-doctor + psychiatrist + psychologist.

5. You can finally apply for a firearms permit (242+242+10PLN 1-2months) Sport + collection + admission(you can work with gun for example on shooting range or in security agency)

It's together take 5-7 months, 1574PLN=393,5USD(in the cheapest option) for first time and for each year 140PLN=35USD.

And after get your firearms permit you can buy:
centerfire to 12mm, rimfire to 6mm and shotguns :) but only 15 pieces on start, if you want more you have to justify it to the police, but it's simple.
We must register each weapon and get a promissory note for buy each one. (1 piece = 17PLN).
Concealed carry permit we have included in the sport permit, when you register for collect permit you can't concealed carry.

But we can buy AR15 with 10" barrel without problem :), and buy silencer without problem.

Such a curiosity - a similar(except shooting exam) path must be followed to obtain a crossbow permit :).

Sorry for my poor english.

·
Premium Member
128,407 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Dawid.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts