Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
31,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone. Just like lots of people here I have been lurking around for a while now and finally decided to join and make it official.

I have been around and comfortable with guns all my life. Just recently I was able to get my wife involved in shooting. I started her with my Ruger LCP because she thought my XD 40 3.8c was "too big". Before I knew it she was blasting away those evil paper targets 16 40 S&W at a time.

Now my problem isn't explaining to her why I CC or why I need to buy more ammo, it is keeping her from buying every dang gun at the LGS!

Anyway, excited to finally be a part of the forum.
Have a great 4th of July and be safe!

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Sounds like you have a problem on your hands that a lot of men would like to have.....a wife who wants to participate in an activity you like! Good problem to have!
Welcome to the forum from Northern California!

·
Registered
31,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like you have a problem on your hands that a lot of men would like to have.....a wife who wants to participate in an activity you like! Good problem to have!
Welcome to the forum from Northern California!
Thanks! I think she has decided on a Ruger SR9c, but she likes the XD9c as well. She keeps saying "I want something you can carry" and I keep telling her to just get what she wants and don't worry about me.

·
Premium Member
127,420 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Welcome from DFW, but spent the last 7 years in OK. A mojority in Stillwater, then a little bit up north near Kansas. I too am new here and have enjoyed all the advice and knowledge.

·
Registered
128 Posts
ya hey 'dere Okcherokee! Welcome to the forum! For me shooting also is a family affair, which is great but costly!

·
Registered
31,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome from DFW, but spent the last 7 years in OK. A mojority in Stillwater, then a little bit up north near Kansas. I too am new here and have enjoyed all the advice and knowledge.
I know all about Stillwater. Class of 07 Go Pokes! It sure has changed a bunch though.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Welcome to the forum from N.E. Texas.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Welcome to the forum...:)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Welcome and glad to see another member from OK!

·
Registered
108 Posts
OKcherokee said:
I know all about Stillwater. Class of 07 Go Pokes! It sure has changed a bunch though.
Very Nice! Animal Science 09. And yeah last time I went there, i was amazed at all the new places... Bars Restaurants, etc.

So do you make it back for any sporting events?

·
Premium Member
37,682 Posts
Welcome from another Okie

·
Registered
559 Posts
Welcome from another Oklahoman!

·
Registered
31,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome from Tulsa, OK!
Ever been to the indoor range on Garnett? Heard mixed reviews about the place. I know some people that go all the time and others that don't like the staff.
I would like to be able to go and let the wife try out a few different guns but can't really afford a membership right now.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Ever been to the indoor range on Garnett? Heard mixed reviews about the place. I know some people that go all the time and others that don't like the staff.
I would like to be able to go and let the wife try out a few different guns but can't really afford a membership right now.
I'm not really a fan of the indoor range, they have a good shop but that's about it. Look into getting a member ship at the US Shooting Academy, their ranges are great, the staff is very friendly and helpful too.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts