Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
flashback to my childhood, MC Thick, "Cruisin' down tha street, real slow, wid da fellas be yellin' MARRERO!!!"
but seriously, I'm from the middle of LA, lil town called Cheneyville.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
flashback to my childhood, MC Thick, "Cruisin' down tha street, real slow, wid da fellas be yellin' MARRERO!!!"
but seriously, I'm from the middle of LA, lil town called Cheneyville.

I just moved here (work) from P.C. Fla, nice place, not what I'm used to but nice. Alot quieter than P.C.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have an xd-40. seen an xdm in action, pretty nice lil' gun. guy said one thing he didn't like was that he couldn't get the last round into the magazine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the xd 40 also, FINE piece of equiptment. I just recently aquired the xdm and I love it. Yea the 16 round mag gets really stout at the end but the xdm's come with a speed loader, tell your buddy to try it , it's really easy with the loader not to mention faster and no thumb blisters on range day.

·
Registered
337 Posts
two xd's?!? one for each hand I guess!
I had a sig you could change grips on, that was pretty cool. the guy I know with the xdm also had a different grip on his, it was pretty cool. he just mentioned that he had it. So what do you do for a livin?'

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am a proffessional captain, I work in the offshore oil field. I am actually offshore nowe on my lap top. Sorry for the long time to reply, I was making rounds I'm on tower now. And you?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No not 1 for each hand, I buy a new hand gun every couple of years or so and when I got a hankerin for a new one, I liked the xd so much and had heard how much better the xdm's were I decided to get the xdm. They arent THAT much better, after all it's hard to improve perfection, the grip is a little more comfortable, the bigger mag is nice , and the trigger is SLIGHTLY smoother but no real remarkable difference. I think the original xd's were excellent all ready.The match grade barrel on my xdm (to me anyway) is no more accurate than my xd barrel , I shoot the same consistent tight groups with either. Not a testimate to my shooting ability which is average I'm sure. The xd's and xdm's shoot the same to me they just FEEL slightly different.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Well Captain, thank you for gettin' out there, my brother's brother-in-law works out on a rig, and my brother himself did it for a little while last time he got back from Iraq. I am a part time computer programmer who works in a warehouse full time to keep himself out of trouble. There I am a glorified janitor, cleaning some of the food processing equipment for the grocery store chain (Publix) i work for. Since you've lived in FL, you prolly heard of it!
be safe out there, every roughnecker I've eyeballed who did it for any length of time always had a missing finger or two. Best thing I've liked about the XDM that I've seen is the lack of a need to pull the trigger on takedown. but I don't find that to be an incredibly big deal.

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Welcome to the Forum form Colorado

·
Registered
278 Posts
Welcome! Nice pistols. And don't worry, you'll develop a love/hate relationship with Louisiana soon enough... ;)

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts