Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from the western edge of Iowa. Looking seriously at getting an XD for CCW. Looking at the .45/.40 range. Held a .40 compact with the extended mag in it and I found it EXTREMELY comfy. Just thought I'd check with the collective on here for good and bad on this choice/decision...Thanks all!!!:confused::mrgreen::mrgreen:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was there last year doin' the Disney thing....can't wait to go back......:cool:

·
Premium Member
127,799 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Welcome from Iowa!!!

Are you on iowacarry.org? If not, you should be. What county are you in?

You can't go wrong with the .40. Holds plenty of ammo in it's compat form and even more with the extended mag for target shooting/practice. I think they're really nice and I was considering a .40 SC or a Taurus PT140 for my next handgun purchase. It's my opinion that for a carry gun .45's just don't hold enough ammo, but that's also in the eye of the beholder.

-Thomas

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, same name on iowacarry.org. I'm in Pottawattamie county. If you use the .45 with the non-compact mags, it holds 13. Just a thought.....:-D

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Wow, I never noticed that. It actually holds one more round than the .40 SC. And the same amount of rounds as the 9mm SC.
-Thomas

·
Premium Member
24,766 Posts
Welcome to the forum. To be brutally honest, you will not be happy until you own all of the XDs, so go on and buy them up! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum from CT.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Welcome to XD from MN

I bought an XD40sc (12+1 w/grip extension mag.) for a CCW weapon. The recoil is not bad and the size of the weapon is ideal for IWB carry. I recently bought a XD45C ( 13+1 w/grip extension mag.) and that has I feel less recoil than the 3" 40. It's a bit bigger with the 4" barrel and beefier (not much) frame. However it conceals well with an IWB holster. I enjoy them both but have noticed I've been carrying my 45 a bit more :smile: Either would be an excellent choice. Just remember, whatever you decide on get proficient with that weapon to ensure you can hit what your shooting at:cool:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts