Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I'm an active IDPA shooter here in the great FREE state (for now) of Idaho. I have been a 1911 shooter for most of my shooting life, but felt the need to acquire a higher capacity gun for the coming years :) I chose the XDm in 9mm for it's capacity and cost, that and I don't understand people's fascination g locks. :confused:

Looking forward to wringing out the XDm at the monthly match here in a week. I'm sure there will be a few surprised faces when the plastic gun comes out of my holster instead of my 1911. :D I have yet to pull a the trigger on a live round in my new XD but I've been dry firing this week. My first order of business after the new year will probably be a Springer Trigger job. He worked over one of our State Match prize pistols, that trigger and gun felt like magic in my hands, wish I would have won it. :(

Right now I'm looking for more XDm 9mm mags, and as it turns out, so are most of you. Hope to acquire a few here fairly quickly. It's funny listening to peopel complain about the price of the mags going up. I pay $30 for my 1911 Wilson mags as it is, so a $30-$35 mag for the XD doesn't seem that bad.

Merry Christmas! and I hope I bought this gun in vain, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Welcome to the XD addiction and forum!!! BTW, I've heard nothing but good about Scott's work!!! Congrats on the XD(M)!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've actually met with and shot with Scott at his club in OR and he has come over to Idaho to shoot the state IDPA match. Great guy, fantastic shooter. Can't wait to let him loose on my gun, maybe I'll be as fast as he is when he's done. (NOT!) :)

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!

·
Premium Member
3,194 Posts
Hello and welcome from Wisconsin