Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Im originally from New Jersey, live in South Florida during my breaks and currently go to school at Florida State University:D I am new to the gun world; a bunch of my buddies are Army ROTC, Rangers, Green Beret, and EOD Navy. I have been to the range with them countless amounts of times and fire off guns that they own. Ive been looking for a pistol for about a year now (taking time to make money to purchase a pistol comfortably) and really just fell in love with the feel of the Springfield XD 9mm w/ 4inch barrel. I shot well with it, in my hands it felt comfortable and most importantly, natural. So I made my decision to purchase this pistol and did it yesterday:)! So excited! My pistol should be in my hands by Wednesday, and from there I wil be traveling back to South Florida to hit up some ranges while on summer break! I want to eventually join the U.S. Marine Corps after my graduation at school and felt as though this would be a good starter gun to get the feel of and taking care of. My parents arent thrilled about guns or the military (although they agree with the military, just dont want me joining) so Im pretty new to this atmosphere. This is a little about me! Questions, comments, helpful tips will greatly be appreciated! Thanks much if you read! and cant wait to start talking to some gun enthusiasts:razz:!

·
Premium Member
11,114 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Welcome from NC

·
Premium Member
127,710 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
127,710 Posts
...a bunch of my buddies are Army ROTC, Rangers, Green Beret, and EOD Navy.:razz:!

Or so they say! ;) How is that practically no one in the military tells you that they are clerks, mechanics, truck drivers, etc?

·
Super Moderator
46,392 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Go Noles BABY! I miss FSU so much, stay an extra year or two if u can... Where you go shooting in Tally? That off-the-beaten-path outdoor range? I almost got arrested there twice for shooting my shottie there...

Welcome.

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Welcome from Colorado

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Go Noles BABY! I miss FSU so much, stay an extra year or two if u can... Where you go shooting in Tally? That off-the-beaten-path outdoor range? I almost got arrested there twice for shooting my shottie there...

Welcome.
Awesome! I am staying an extra year :p plus the football team is supposed to be real good next year, so I dont mind staying for some excitement! And YES! Thats where I go to shoot, such a small world! Thanks for the welcome! Glad to talk to someone who knows my area!

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Welcome from Tallahassee/Miami, FL

I recently graduated from Florida State University with my Bachelors and Masters. I used to go to the public range up there all the time. Now I am stuck in Miami, definitely not the same but not bad.

Hope you enjoy it, if you have any questions let me know.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts