Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just applied for my pistol permit May 10th with my local PD. They told me an approval may take 8-10 wks! Can't wait to get an XDm 9mm 3.8! Our maybe a compact? Any suggestions as to where buy appreciated. I'm looking for a LOW price!

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
welcome from ct. look at cabellas but dont buy there- they are WAY overpriced. check your local gun stores and shop around if you're looking mainly at price.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I've been researching like crazy. I wanted to do this 10 yrs ago! Hopefully my local authority won't drag their feet.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
not sure where you're from but it took forever because my local pd dragged their feet and were impossible to get a hold of. good luck to you though.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not sure where you're from but it took forever because my local pd dragged their feet and were impossible to get a hold of. good luck to you though.
Waterbury. My buddy got his in Watertown in 3 weeks! Ihave a feeling I won't be so lucky, however...

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
ah ok. well at least you have a large police department, i was relying on one guy. there are a fair amount gun stores out your way though and you're not too far from hoffmans off the berlin tpke which has some rental guns and an on site range. check them out and shop around since you have some time before your permit comes in.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Northern California!

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Welcome to the forum...:)

·
Registered
22,574 Posts
Welcome to the fourm from Louisiana.

·
Premium Member
21,767 Posts
hello there

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Welcome from Colorado

·
Registered
763 Posts
Welcome from NC

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome from the Southeastern part of the state.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think it only took me about 4 to 5 weeks but I was extremely proactive...took the course on a Saturday went to apply at local PD on Monday and my temp came in the same week my state PD did licensing.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts