Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had a great deal and made it...9mm, 45, & 40 all used but worth the price i paid...

need tips on tear down, as well as pressing in the striker retainer pin on one of them....sticking out slightly...

other than that cant wait for the ranges to re-open so i can spend more money hahah

·
Registered
971 Posts
How great of a deal? Lets see some pics. If you have a striker pin protruding from the slide you should just replace it. Could have been reused multiple times or may be broken.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How great of a deal? Lets see some pics. If you have a striker pin protruding from the slide you should just replace it. Could have been reused multiple times or may be broken.
ill have to grab some pics, all 3 for right around 1k...

the guy was a comp shooter and had too many guns and wasnt shooting these any more...

i think i got a good deal, but some may think otherwise...

9mm..service..springfield custom combat carry trigger work, trjicon hd sights inforce light with owb concealment holster

xd 40 has springfield armory custom combat carry trigger work, trijicon hd sights, tripple spring encapsulated guide rod and spare tungston guide rod

xd45 combat carry trigger work, heine quick straight eight sights.....

good or not, i bought them...

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me! Welcome from Virginia!

Reactions: j2048b

·
Registered
836 Posts
had a great deal and made it...9mm, 45, & 40 all used but worth the price i paid...

need tips on tear down, as well as pressing in the striker retainer pin on one of them....sticking out slightly...

other than that cant wait for the ranges to re-open so i can spend more money hahah
Complete disassembly and assembly of an any XD.

·
Registered
9,454 Posts
Sometimes they do that.
You could just tap it back in but once it's loose it'll probably continue to walk itself back out.
Best bet is to replace it with an aftermarket roll pin that hasn't lost it's tension. While you have it out, clean any lube/dirt, crud, crap, and/or corruption out of the striker channel and leave it dry... you'll get thousands of worry- and trouble-free rounds out of it after that.
Congratulations on the new pick ups... sounds like you got a fair deal and you both walked away happy.

Welcome to XDTalk.

Reactions: j2048b
1 - 10 of 10 Posts