Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I guess I am not sensitive enough to preceive or feel a difference. With both of my XDs, I can't say that I feel anything different from the first day or 500 rounds later.
I do know that the XDs are a much better product than what I have been used to shooting. I need to get better as a pistol shooter and then I will be really "in tune" to how accurate these pistols are, but then again that is half of the fun.
Some pistols like a .45 automatic with a steel frame and steel slide probably needs a little break in time. I don't think the XDs are in the same category.
We are all very fortunate to shoot such modern and well designed firearms. XDs, Glocks, HKs, Berettas, Sigs, Rugers.........it's all good. :eek:

·
Premium Member
24,884 Posts
56cbr600rr said:
did your guns shoot perfect when brand new out of box (accuracy)? or did it require a little breaking in?
Yes!

Actually the gun shot great....I needed the breaking in!! :roll:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had an xd 40 before I got my xd9 and I did have some failure to feeds in the first 200 or so rounds. After that, it worked fine. Accuracy was fine right out of the box. My xd9 was fine right out of the box, except now, springfield has it looking into a failure to eject problem.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
xd 9 tac - bought new - rd ct ~900 2 fte, one failure of striker to cock, and 4-5 failures of the shooter to engage the damn grip safety when drawing the pistol. Shot great outta da box

xd40 port - bought used - rd ct ~300 (by me, unknown previous owner but bbl in good shape) no failures at all yet.

looking at possibly adding a 40 tac and another USP to the stable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I thought it had a accuracy problem because I could hit stuff with my 1911
but really struggled with the XD. A Glock owner stated he struggled for about 6 months with his, and to give it more time. Happy to say after several months I love my XD. The trigger smoothed out and I am as comfortable with it as the 1911. :)

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Mine worked awesome outta the box....one of the main reasons I love my XD. As usual though, you can take an old rusty POS, and be a marksman, if you practice enough.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I Just went to the range today with My New XD9 SC for the first time and I was very impress with the accuracy of this little thing, Very pleased with the purchase. I shot the XD 9 then went to my Glock 27 that haved owned for a year now. Shot better with XD for the first time then My glock.
I think I know whats next, XD tac.

OD-XD

·
Registered
71 Posts
XD-9 Service Bi Tone - functioned fine
XD-9 Tactical - functioned fine

Beretta 92FS - did not function at all - it was bone dry from the factory and lubrication completely solved the problem.

Springfield Armory Loaded Stainless - numerous malfs at onset - replaced the joke of a recoil spring with a new 20 lb one and it has cycled perfectly since.

P 226 Sport Stock - functioned fine
P 220 ST - functioned fine but does not like very light handloads. A lighter recoil spring would fix this, I suspect.

Ruger Mark II target - functioned fine , but front sight screw kept backing out (loctite fixed this problem)

No probs at all with any of my numerous SW, Ruger, and Colt revolvers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts