Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find a gun with a smaller grip for my girlfriend (It will be mine but she will shoot it). She has shot the XD40 but thinks the grip is too big for her hands. I wanted to buy her a XD9 to shoot but with the frames being the same doesnt help too much.
She can wear a kids large glove for reference.
We went shooting with some friends and one she liked the most was the Mosquito by Sig. But did shoot a 357 revolver that she though kit her hand better than the XD40.
I need some guidance.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Ruger LCR revolver? You really gotta just take her to the fun shop and let her fondle everything (and maybe rent something if you have anywhere that can do that)

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Ruger LCR revolver? You really gotta just take her to the fun shop and let her fondle everything (and maybe rent something if you have anywhere that can do that)
^ That's the one, sometimes you can convince a guy with facts but a female's logic string isn't always tight lol.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Try the Smith & Wesson Bodyguard .380, less recoil than LCP and for $350.00 you have a gun with a laser

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
They can get expensive, but my wife really likes the feel and ergonomics of Walther firearms. Her hands are fairly small too. She's held the Walther PK380 and really liked it. We may pick it up some day. The Walther P99 is also quite comfy in the hand. Personally, I think 9mm is more comfortable when shooting than 380.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Revolvers have a nasty little rcoil that she may be intimidated by. IMO the .380 is just gonna piss off the BG that is already wound up, and the 9mm will do a better job of knocking them on their a$$.

Take a look at the Kahr CM9. It is what I see a single stack, shrunken down XD being, and can be had for around $400. It should fit her smaller hand well, and is flashy good looking to boot! ;)

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Take a look at the Kahr CM9. It is what I see a single stack, shrunken down XD being, and can be had for around $400. It should fit her smaller hand well, and is flashy good looking to boot! ;)
But she'll never be able to rack the slide.

·
Registered
192 Posts

^ That's the one, sometimes you can convince a guy with facts but a female's logic string isn't always tight lol.
What they said. I'll add the detail that she needs to rack the slide for any semi auto before you buy. But I'd definately start with the LCR, probly 38 +P.

a .22 is better than a scream in the dark, but a Sig Misquito might not be. Atleast the one I used to have was a pile of junk. I've heard the same from many others, that they are finicky at best. If you go the .22 route (which I wouldn't recommend) I would go with Ruger or Browning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts