Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot a lot of guns over the weekend. Ruger SR9, CZ 75, , HK Usp, Beretta PX4 Storm. Really like the Beretta, gonna go look at it tonight. I've narrowed it town to the Beretta and a Walther P99.

Walther's on sale (AS version) for $499, Beretta's $509 but comes with a rebate for a free holster.

The Walther is slightly used, the Beretta a display gun. Ideas, experiences with either?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Wow! You didn't like the CZ 75 or the Ruger R9.

I gues I have smaller hands than you do. The grips on these guns is narrow
and feel like a 1911 pistol but they have high cap mags and they can be found at decent prices.

Although Berreta and Walther are fine guns too.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Iv'e got some good saddle time on the Beretta PX4 storm sub-compact. You didn't mention which Storm you shot, because there will be a difference between the sub-compact and the full size, in the barrel operation.
The sub-compact storm shot nice groups, but seemed to be really wide in the grip (backstrap to trigger). This is adjustable with different backstraps. Looking down the sights, was a little distracted on how wide the slide seemed to be due to the safety switch being mounted directly on the slide. The stainless barrel on that thing looks like a hog leg compared to a SA 9mm barrel. Really heavy duty with a super beveled lockup. Can't carry cocked and locked. Go to safe and it decocks it. My 9000s you have the choice. DA pull seemed smooth and not too long with no grit.

I also like that there is nothing else out there that looks like it. It has got that futuristic Battelstar Galactica look to it.

IMO it's a Beretta, and ya can't hardly go wrong. ;)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
If you want a Beretta, try Bud's Gun Shop online. I bought a stainless Vertec a few months ago for only $349. They also have great prices on the standard blue 92/96, the 90 Two, etc. Free shipping as well.

I bought a Walther a few years back based on it's looks, I had never held one before. It was decent enough, but I was disappointed in it and sold it a few weeks later. Trigger was just nasty, you can't find decent holsters for them. It was cheap so I contemplated keeping it as a 'truck gun', but it wasn't even all that impressive for that.

You just can't go wrong with a metal Beretta. Don't like their polymers, but a 92/96, Couger, Vertec, etc are always a winner. Tons of holsters, cheap replacement magazines, easy to work on or swap parts, parts are everywhere and cheap to boot!
Also like the CZ75, a lot like the Beretta, but usually cheaper, but check out Buds shop for any of them

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Beretta is the full sized. I liked the CZ75, disliked the Ruger SR9, they didn't have the Walther available to shoot.

I'd prefer to get a polymer gun, and am unhappy with my xd, and of the two glocks I've shot I didn't think they were anything special. I'm also considering an FNP 40, not a fan of the FNX grip.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
The 9mm PX4 is awesome! I picked up one recently.

I was once a P99 fanatic. I owned 3 in years past. I got hooked on the Beretta 92 again about 3 years ago, and I sorta lost interest in the P99.

I do like the PX4, however. I still like the 92 series the best. But the PX4 is my fav polymer handgun.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I decided on the PX4 full size, and went to buy it last night, and was just filling out the paper work when the tornado sirens came on. This was at like 8:30pm. We were all huddled into a emergency stairwell for 30 minutes. So, no gun. I have to go tonight to pay for it, then three day waiting period. So mad.

·
Registered
616 Posts
So I decided on the PX4 full size, and went to buy it last night, and was just filling out the paper work when the tornado sirens came on. This was at like 8:30pm. We were all huddled into a emergency stairwell for 30 minutes. So, no gun. I have to go tonight to pay for it, then three day waiting period. So mad.
It's a sign you weren't meant to own a PX4 :shock:

lol, just kidding. I've personally never shot the PX4 before but I have to admit I really like the look of it. Make sure you give us a range report after you take it out.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have shot the PX4 before, and it shoots great. Love the rotating barrel. I'll pick it up saturday, shoot it same day. It comes with a free holster (with rebate) so I will be doing combat shoots Monday nights. Very excited about that.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
All as I'll say is that CZ75-B is one sweet shooter. I am just so impressed with that pistol with the way it feels and the way it shoots. Those Czech's build one fine pistol, and some of there women aren't bad either. :shock:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts