Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just purchased my first handgun today after reading what seemed like thousands of pages on the internet (including this forum, thanks!). Ended up trying both the XD9 and XD40 and went with the XD40. Shot about 100 rounds through both to determine which one I liked the best, and the 40 was it.

Took an hour of one-on-one instruction since I'm new to handguns, and he helped me really get started on the right foot with grip/stance/aim/breathing, etc.

Initial range shooting resulted in groupings about 5" apart at 10m, 7/10 in the 9/10/X range, but I suffer from what the instructor called beginner's shooting, down and left for a right handed person (need to learn to just pull the trigger and not involve the entire hand :)

Was a hoot to shoot too, I signed up for the range membership for the year which should pay for itself after about 10 trips. I definitely need the work!!

Oh, the price was $439 + tax and included the gun/holster and 3 12rd mags in the case. After comparing online, that wasn't a bad deal, not as cheap as I've seen, but I prefer to buy / support local dealers if they can come close to online / out of town vendors.

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase.

·
Registered
889 Posts
That price sounds pretty good I just found a place that had all their Service mods, and SCs at $429, but that was just for the gun with two mags.
So I picked up a 40S&W SC :D , now I think I should go back and put an OD Service mod. on lay-a-way

1 - 3 of 3 Posts