Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an XDM 3.8 9mm on order for the longest time and shot the range 3.8 almost weekly. Loved the gun but the only drawback was the slightly long handle. I wanted another CCW weapon and after shooting the Glock 19, decided to go with the G19. It will also be my outdoor gun as it's now beach weather, camping, etc. Size wise, it just fit my requirement slightly better. Still want the 3.8 though, next gun will most likely be that one.

Pic of it next to my XDsc, which is my little bull dog, it is an amazing little weapon. Love it!

·
Registered
616 Posts
I love both the XD9sc, and G19. Here's a pic of my XD9sc, and my buddies G19, I believe it's 3rd Gen.

Sorry it was taken from a cell phone so the quality isn't that great...

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like two peas in a pod :cool: The G19 is a little easier to conceal as it's slightly thinner but these two will be my primary CCW...outdoors, the G19. My Beretta is my wife's carry but I do carry it once in a while.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I agree, the XD just has more of a "natural" feel to me so that's what I chose to CC.

Usually I keep the 16rnd extended mag for me so I have the extra grip. I put the 13rnd mag in when my wife is home alone with our son. She feels more comfortable with the 13rnd mag.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the 4th gen Glock 19 and love it.Its a very comfortable gun to hold,extreamly accurate and easy to clean.I used it to qualify for my ccw.Shot best in the class with it as seen below....The stray shots were left handed..guess I need some practice.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have put 3000+ rounds though my XDsc and thus shoot it better, especially out to 10-15 yards....at least at this point. I prefer the grip of the XD/XDM line, more natural point and shoot for me as well. But for my original reason and to mix it up a bit, went with the Glock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts