Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And a sight pusher. I've never changed sights before and have not tried any after market sights. Seems pretty straight forward with the proper tools. I'm thinking I want truglo fiber optics but I know nothing about any brands. Instead of me spending all night looking a 1000 diff brands, which is the best value? As for the pusher, I was gonna order glockmeisters but see they are back ordered. I looked at MGW but its $100 plus $35 for front sight tool. Seems a bit ridiculous. I just ordered some GAP plates, and I'm excited to get these sights off and I'll be all set! Any advise is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
You can drift glock sights in with a punch. They are very easy to install. As for sights you can't go wrong with 10-8 performace or Ameriglo. Awesome gun and caliber. Congrats

·
Registered
19,924 Posts
The MGW is tits. I have one.

As for a front sight tool, spend 20 bucks on a lone wolf 4 In 1 armorer tool.

Sight wise, it's personal preference. Kinda lime holsters, just gotta try stuff until you find what you like. I love my Trijicon Hds but I'm gonna try different stuff on my other Glocks because you never know.

If you use a punch and vise, remember to push them out from the left side and install from the right.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
I love the Vickers Sights on my 19 and 17 and they are available with fiber optic or tritium.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tips. If I go with MGW and get the slanted sides tool to get my factory sights off, I would only be able to put on new sights that also are slanted. Is that correct to assume? Also, I see Ameriglo has a front sight tool for 5 bucks. I like fiber optic sights but with such a short slide, I don't know if the naturally long front fiber optic would shorted up my sight radius too much. Perhaps not. Thanks for the congrats by the way. Pics to come. I'm pretty excited for the gap floor plates, you can only imagine how impatient I'll be once I order sights. I used a punch on my M&P when I put the apex kit in, never again.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Ameriglo includes the tool with purchase. You can also use the code GSSF for a discount.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
I got to the point where I had enough Glocks that it was going to save me a lot of money if I just got used to the Glock sights. They work, and now I can use that money towards more Glocks. :)

I like the Warren Tactical carry sights though, I have those on two of 'em.

As far as changing them, ff you have a bench vise it's pretty easy. The tool is handy if you are going to be doing it a lot.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah it gets expensive and I still need to get a holster for it. My last one cost me $80 and I've only been wearing it for a year :roll:

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I have standard Trijicon 3-dot night sights on my Gen4 G17 and I've been absolutely happy with them! I also recommend Meprolight sights, as my current CCW piece (Walther PPS) wears those and they've been good as well. Nothing wrong with Truglo TFOs, lot of guys here like them, and I've used Truglo sights on one of my shotguns with great success.

As for the sight tool, it depends on how many Glocks you see yourself changing sights on. I only have one more that needs sights so I just have a friend of mine (who is also a gunsmith in his spare time) do it for me. He only charges me like $20 for his time so that works for me.

·
Registered
19,924 Posts
I bought mine because it makes drifting them a hell of a lot easier too. And I'm buying more Glocks...

I've yet to find a really nice universal pusher :(

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I went ahead and screwed up my mags apparently. Ran 100 through the gun this weekend. Love it, no probs at all. Installed the gap plates on two mags and now they wont feed the last round. Third stock mag works fine. I find ways to screw up the easiest of tasks sometimes. I took them off and back on I will see what happens next time I get a chance to shoot. If I cant even do this just think of what I would (or wouldn't) accomplish changing the sights out.lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts