Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked her up last weekend. Shot the snot out of it, about 250 rounds. No malfunctions of any kind. I love the large backstrap. This is a very accurate and comfortable 9mm. Not much else needs to be said that hasn't been said before. If you are thinking about getting one, DO IT! Let the Glock times roll. :cool:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
What do you like better that or g26? And what do you conceal more now?!:)

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I carry the 27. Id pick the 19 over the 26 as far as what gun do I like better. The 19 conceals fine and isn't that heavy. I leave that one in the house though for mamma if she needs something.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, it doesn't have those beavertails. It's a model from right before they offered that option.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
I'm thinking of getting one soon too. .45 ammo is so expensive and I don't reload yet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice, thinking about getting my first Glock....it's either going to be this one or the G23 but I have to find one with the OD green frame:)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Nice on the new Gen4 Glock19!!

I would love to try one some day. I have a Gen 2 Glock 19 that I bought new in early 90's. I really like it but it is a bit cramped to hold in my hand due to my hand size (a P226 fits me perfectly) and while I shoot it well I always shoot a bit to the left. The extra back straps might make it work better for me. I really like having them on my Walther PPQ and HK P30L.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice, thinking about getting my first Glock....it's either going to be this one or the G23 but I have to find one with the OD green frame:)
I want a 23 as well. I'm liking the 40 round the more I shoot it and the 23 is a perfect all around size.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I just picked up a G21 gen 4. Great shooter. Few brass to face but otherwise nice. Not as nice as my xdm. 40 compact tho

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
I carry a G26 daily and use a G17, suppressed, for a nightstand firearm. If I buy another Glock, it'll be a l.n. G19. I'm o.k. with a 3rd gen, but would buy a gen 4, if the price is right.

I don't like the feel of Glock triggers, so I always install an aftermarket connector in my Glocks. Also don't like the feel of nekked plastic, so I either use Agrip or Wilson tennis racket grip wrap on my Glocks' grips.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I carry a G26 daily and use a G17, suppressed, for a nightstand firearm. If I buy another Glock, it'll be a l.n. G19. I'm o.k. with a 3rd gen, but would buy a gen 4, if the price is right.

I don't like the feel of Glock triggers, so I always install an aftermarket connector in my Glocks. Also don't like the feel of nekked plastic, so I either use Agrip or Wilson tennis racket grip wrap on my Glocks' grips.
Do you have any pics with the wrapped grips? Would like to see that. I had a rubber sleeve on it and I liked how cushy it felt but I like the rough texture a little better.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
I really like the texture of the gen 4. If you buy new, the extra 40 or so bucks on the gen 4, remember, you're also getting another magazine!

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I like the Gen4 texture on the 19 but the Gen3 on the smaller 26/27 guns. I guess I'm weird or something but the smoother feel is nice on the carry pieces. I've handled plenty of Gen3 and 4s in the 19/23 size and hands down I like the feel of the 4 in that model.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
What do you like better that or g26? And what do you conceal more now?!:)
I EDC a 26 G4. Shorter grip length= easier concealment. If I need more capacity, there's a G19 mag with a Xgrip spacer waiting in the wings.

OP: Great gun! Congrats.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Congrats! The 19 is a awesome shooter I love mines but I'm having fun with my G27 with the Lone Wolf .357 sig barrel now.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
I have a Gen 3 G19, it was the first Glock I purchased. I absolutely love it, and I consider it to be one of the best EDC's I have owned. Having 16 rounds in a fairly small package that I can comfortably carry IWB is a huge plus for me.

I had been on the lookout for a Gen 4 model in OD, and finally found one awhile back. I love the way it feels in my hand, and I was pleased with the feel of the medium beavertail. The sad part?? I haven't been able to shoot it yet! Soon...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts