Springfield XD Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Alas, I have only one 10mm pistol, a G20. I want to get another in a 1911 configuration. Any suggestions?
Slugger, I don't own a 1911 10 MM, my EAA is closer to a CZ75, but I have wanted one. I have just two 1911's a nice Ruger full size and a less expensive Rock Island Armory Officer's model GI series. I like both and carry the RIA now and again, both are 45's

I am looking at the full size RIA 'Rock' series first and the Ruger Full sized second

Reactions: Redwing

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome from north west Montana. Love my xdm10. We are currently trying to pass constitutional carry. I’m hitting my state rep to push for state laws that will stop the fed from enacting any new restrictions in my state. Moved out of libtard Missoula to a smaller town with a 1776 club. If you can find the sig sauer 10mm 180 flat point fmj I highly recommend. They state 1250 FPS and I believe they do that easily at a price that won’t kill you. Just before Christmas cabelas had 200 round packs on sale but haven’t seen anything since. If you reload hit me up I’ve got some pretty good home brews hitting that 1250 mark using hornady hap 180’s and getting close to that with home cast powder coated 175 gr lee using hardball alloy from Missouri bullet co.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow that's close to 9,000', Forest service roads, satellite internet?. Robertson the closest 'Town' just a small cluster of homes Mountain View looks to be the nearest town with streets. Sasquatch is your next door neighbor? Wowzer no wonder you like 10's.

I have fire a EAA Witness Elite, G-20.4, G-29.4, XDM10 5.25 and XDM10 4.5. The Witness while a fine pistol is pretty heavy, my choice to carry OWB is the XDM 5.25, my wife has commandeered it as she claims it has the best balance.

I am in Oregon, but lived in NW Wyoming and worked for Husky when they were in business, long ago.

What holster are you owb
Wow that's close to 9,000', Forest service roads, satellite internet?. Robertson the closest 'Town' just a small cluster of homes Mountain View looks to be the nearest town with streets. Sasquatch is your next door neighbor? Wowzer no wonder you like 10's.

I have fire a EAA Witness Elite, G-20.4, G-29.4, XDM10 5.25 and XDM10 4.5. The Witness while a fine pistol is pretty heavy, my choice to carry OWB is the XDM 5.25, my wife has commandeered it as she claims it has the best balance.

I am in Oregon, but lived in NW Wyoming and worked for Husky when they were in business, long ago.
What owb hoslter are you using for xdm 5.25? I am looking at the comptac international

·
16,313 Posts
I retired from Gates Corp's Oil and Gas Mining Division. That was under the English owned operations. Visited Denver often. Is this forum part of the Guns & Games forum. I post there as Jim Bridger.
I have family in Gillette. FINALLY made it to Yellowstone this summer and Western Wyo is much nicer than plains with big holes in it. Hopefully I'll make it to flaming gorge this year.

I totally missed... Quite the 10mm collection. I had the Sig 10mm. Super nice. I have STI 2011 now. I had a CMMG and a MP5/10 in 10mm. Big fan. Never been I to reloading, but I got a 6.5 CM, and have now decided to jump it. Between 6.5, 10mm, and 6.8spc, I have plenty of reasons to.

Reactions: Redwing

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Welcome from north west Montana. Love my xdm10. We are currently trying to pass constitutional carry. I’m hitting my state rep to push for state laws that will stop the fed from enacting any new restrictions in my state. Moved out of libtard Missoula to a smaller town with a 1776 club. If you can find the sig sauer 10mm 180 flat point fmj I highly recommend. They state 1250 FPS and I believe they do that easily at a price that won’t kill you. Just before Christmas cabelas had 200 round packs on sale but haven’t seen anything since. If you reload hit me up I’ve got some pretty good home brews hitting that 1250 mark using hornady hap 180’s and getting close to that with home cast powder coated 175 gr lee using hardball alloy from Missouri bullet co.
I can not feed my corral of 10MM pistol on store bought feed. ;) I cast a LEE 175 with a hard BHN. I powder coat with Eastwood Ford Blue. I push my loads in a SIG Elite Hunter 10MM above the posted numbers with Blue Dot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I have family in Gillette. FINALLY made it to Yellowstone this summer and Western Wyo is much nicer than plains with big holes in it. Hopefully I'll make it to flaming gorge this year.

I totally missed... Quite the 10mm collection. I had the Sig 10mm. Super nice. I have STI 2011 now. I had a CMMG and a MP5/10 in 10mm. Big fan. Never been I to reloading, but I got a 6.5 CM, and have now decided to jump it. Between 6.5, 10mm, and 6.8spc, I have plenty of reasons to.
Thanks for your post. You cannot read the Deserts from a car window at 75 mile an hour. The best hunting and miles of Public Lands lie in the Red Desert. There is more to see there. Thanks enjoy the Gorge.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
What holster are you owb

What owb hoslter are you using for xdm 5.25? I am looking at the comptac international
I use cross chest rigs. If your horse decides to launce you to heaven waist holsters are a problem. When in Brown Bear/Grizz country the cross chest is insurance. In a bears squeeze you cannot draw from your waist.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Wyoming is populated by 500,000 citizens. We are scattered over 98,000 Square miles. Wyoming is 50th in population. Jobs are very scarce as the Oil fields and mines are being shut in. My family has been here since the Fur Trade in 1833. If you can afford to live in Wyoming come on in. :)
Nah, I prefer Fort Collins :) I worked in oil & gas out of Douglas.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
What holster are you owb

I have three really, this Blade-Tech that is great for range courses, and I have a custom locally made full coverage Kydex, that is also good. I got a Cook's OWB for my XDM10 5.25 and the XDM9 fits it fine too. I like the way the Tek-Loc fastener works on the Blade-Tech, I am not as fond of the fixed loops on the back of my locally mad Kydex. The Cook's wing style are super too.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've heard of Wyoming. Is it windy there?

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Only above 3000' elevation, oh the lowest point in Wyoming is in the far Northeast corner at about 3100+' and in winter time the big Blizzards seem to prefer that Bell Fouche river corridor, of course the slam the Dakotas more than Montana or Wyoming. I-25 runs North South and I-90 East West, both have big gates to block freeway traffic during those Blizzards. I was pulling a Uhaul trailer and missed a gate some how when Northbound, the Highway Patrolman was not happy, Oh well. Have no Idea how I missed it. too much snow.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Only above 3000' elevation, oh the lowest point in Wyoming is in the far Northeast corner at about 3100+' and in winter time the big Blizzards seem to prefer that Bell Fouche river corridor, of course the slam the Dakotas more than Montana or Wyoming. I-25 runs North South and I-90 East West, both have big gates to block freeway traffic during those Blizzards. I was pulling a Uhaul trailer and missed a gate some how when Northbound, the Highway Patrolman was not happy, Oh well. Have no Idea how I missed it. too much snow.
I was being lippy, I'm familiar with your wind. On I-80 a few months ago there were messages on the reader boards warning of 65 mph crosswinds from Cheyenne to Idaho.
Years ago that route taught me to watch the gas gauge in high winds. Rock Springs to Cheyenne I used 2/3 tank of fuel. On the way back in the wind, Cheyenne to Rock Springs, I had maybe 1/2 gallon left in the tank when I fueled up.

Reactions: Pandaz3

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Yes the wind blows across the Western States. It is a matter of which state you are in. It is always your state is windier than mine. Wyoming has the best gun laws. And no income tax. Concealed carry no silly permits. Wyoming has more gun ownership than any state. Big game hunting and Public Lands is great. There are only 500,000 residents scattered over 98,000 square miles. We are 50th in population. Colorado/California has 5.700 million run by liberal Democrats.:unsure:

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
And as a piece of trivia, in 1967 the Wyoming Cowboys were at the Sugar Bowl Vs LSU (Puddycats or something) anyway the state sent 3% of the total population to the event, close to 10,000 people (Population then was 315,000) .The Cowboys had many who had to play offense and defense the entire team was covered in mud, while the much larger squads at LSU continued to show in fresh white jersey's.
Cowboys fought but their loss garnered national attention at the time. The disparity between the teams caused NCAA rules changes. Knew you wanted to know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have been collecting 10MM pistols for the past 3 years. I now have 13, 10MM handguns. Bought my first SPFLD XDM 4.5 this year. I installed a Vortex Venom red dot. This is a very accurate and dependable 10MM.
Here in New England but visit an uncle in north western Wyoming every couple years to get my western "fix". Beautiful country but winters are long!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts