Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
22,003 Posts
Welcome! It’s on my retirement list.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Welcome from your neighbor to the south.

Reactions: Redwing

·
16,345 Posts
Welcome from your next door neighbor.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome from your next door neighbor.
I am in SW Wyoming 2 miles from the Utah Border and 30 miles from Idaho. I retired from Gates Corp. Denver. Was attached to the British Mine and Oil division. Visited Denver often.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome. I’m a huge fan of Wyoming. Also South Dakota and Montana. Wish I lived there.
Wyoming is populated by 500,000 citizens. We are scattered over 98,000 Square miles. Wyoming is 50th in population. Jobs are very scarce as the Oil fields and mines are being shut in. My family has been here since the Fur Trade in 1833. If you can afford to live in Wyoming come on in. :)

·
Read Only
1,065 Posts
Wyoming is populated by 500,000 citizens. We are scattered over 98,000 Square miles. Wyoming is 50th in population. Jobs are very scarce as the Oil fields and mines are being shut in. My family has been here since the Fur Trade in 1833. If you can afford to live in Wyoming come on in. :)
I’m in the natural gas business. I tried to get my wife to move close to Rapid City SD , but she said something about -20 in the winter so I’d have to go alone. Lol. Wyoming is beautiful. I’ll be back out that way in a couple years. No doubt during the summer though. :)

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Wow that's close to 9,000', Forest service roads, satellite internet?. Robertson the closest 'Town' just a small cluster of homes Mountain View looks to be the nearest town with streets. Sasquatch is your next door neighbor? Wowzer no wonder you like 10's.

I have fire a EAA Witness Elite, G-20.4, G-29.4, XDM10 5.25 and XDM10 4.5. The Witness while a fine pistol is pretty heavy, my choice to carry OWB is the XDM 5.25, my wife has commandeered it as she claims it has the best balance.

I am in Oregon, but lived in NW Wyoming and worked for Husky when they were in business, long ago.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow that's close to 9,000', Forest service roads, satellite internet?. Robertson the closest 'Town' just a small cluster of homes Mountain View looks to be the nearest town with streets. Sasquatch is your next door neighbor? Wowzer no wonder you like 10's.

I have fire a EAA Witness Elite, G-20.4, G-29.4, XDM10 5.25 and XDM10 4.5. The Witness while a fine pistol is pretty heavy, my choice to carry OWB is the XDM 5.25, my wife has commandeered it as she claims it has the best balance.

I am in Oregon, but lived in NW Wyoming and worked for Husky when they were in business, long ago.
[/QUOT

You have been to see the Elephant. The Old Husky asphalt plant near Cody is long gone. Cody has not changed that much. It is however more expensive for cost of living.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
I went back to Cody two years ago and Deadwood last year (2019) If we get our shots and all we might go back that way this summer. Looking to move out of gun grabber country.

·
Premium Member
127,435 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Alas, I have only one 10mm pistol, a G20. I want to get another in a 1911 configuration. Any suggestions?

Reactions: Pandaz3

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
2Jrz4DC.jpeg.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I went back to Cody two years ago and Deadwood last year (2019) If we get our shots and all we might go back that way this summer. Looking to move out of gun grabber country.
Hope you find a new home is a conservatives state. Check a states gun laws very carefully. Things are changing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome to the forum! Alas, I have only one 10mm pistol, a G20. I want to get another in a 1911 configuration. Any suggestions?

Yes, of my 10MM handguns I like the Kimber Camp Guard 10 and the
Colt 1911 Delta Elite 10MM. For a hunting 10MM the SIG P-220 Elite Hunter.
The best buy is the Rock Island 1911 10MM. If you want a long slide the Remington 1911 10MM Long Slide. A nice all around 10MM is the SPFLD
Mdl. 4.5. My best all around favorite is the Colt 1911 Delta Elite. Hope I didn't confuse you. Thx for asking.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts