Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
While I'm new to the forum, I've been creeping around here for over a year now, and found out about this site when I became interested in purchasing my first handgun. I didn't grow up around guns, nor did a lot of my friends, so I've had to rely mostly on the internet for information in my decision making process. I didn't buy my first gun until I was about 21 (28 now), which was a cheap, albeit cool looking, Armscorp 12gauge Pump at a gun show. Since then, I picked up several long rifles, and was itching to add a pistol to my small but growing collection.

Having shot a Glock19 a few years back, I was pretty sold on getting one.. until my local gun shop showed me an XD9 Service Model. I went home, got on the internet, and started doing some research. I immediately found this site, and after reading countless posts, became convinced that this was the gun for me. The main point that really pushed me over the edge was the added grip safety mechanism that the Glock lacks. Since picking it up, I've put about 1500 rounds through it, testing every type of ammo I can get my hands on, and so far I have never had an issue. Now that I'm confident in my skills, handling, and knowledge of pistols, I'm planning on getting my CCW in the next couple months. I think I may opt for something smaller when it comes time to carry, as I'm a pretty skinny dude, but overall this gun has been a dream, and no matter what gun I decide to carry on a regular basis, this one will always be the one I keep on my nightstand, if I have to protect my family.

Thanks to all the members here for all your great insights!!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
First off, Welcome!

Second. I was up in Troy last week for work. Do you know why the Dunham's there does not sell guns and ammo? Is it a local ordanance? Just curious.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!! Hmm.. That's strange. I've never been to that particular one, but I would have to assume that it's a local ordnance. Troy is a pretty weird place.. You can get a ticket for not having both hands on your steering wheel at all times :|

There are two in Dearborn that both have pretty good selections (the one on Ford Road has a ton of guns/ammo). I've also been to the one in Madison Heights, which also has a pretty decent selection.

·
Premium Member
23,668 Posts
hello to ya

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hello from Texas. Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
127,710 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Welcome from Washington!

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Another Texan welcomes you! :D

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Northern California!

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Welcome from Colorado

1 - 20 of 28 Posts