Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks.
I'm a Police Officer from Texas with a wife(high school sweetheart), son, and a bun in the oven. I came across this forum while researching the XD9 and 40 SC's for a BUG or off duty carry. I've been an officer since 12/06, but fulltime with my current department since 01/08. I'm a member on quite a few online forums for different interests and I like this site layout.

Within the next two weeks I'll be making my purchase of either the 9 or 40. I don't like shelf queens, so I'm found at one of the local ranges quite a bit. Look forward to meeting everyone!:D

If anyone here will be looking to sell their 9 or 40, don't hesitate to send me a PM.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northeast Ohio. Hope you enjoy this place and someone maybe has one for sale. The Trading Post might have one or two up right now if you want to check it out(go through the Forums and scroll down to The Trading Post - WTS(willing to sell)). Good luck and be safe.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you JRH, it was just a brief note in my intro. I've already done some drooling in the trading area, lol. I'm just kind of stuck between if I should go for a 9mm or the 40. BTW, just finished reading the AR FAQ writeup. Man he put some work into it and cleared up some thoughts in my head. This place is extremely informative. I like the fact that people openly state their likes and dislikes about their XD without being bashed by others. Unless I missed a trash talk section, lol.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
That would be called the political view. I don't go there. I'd get my head bit off spit oput and shoved where the sun don't shine if I went there.

But yeah I drool at that Trading section all the time. Sadly I don't make enough to go in there that often. Even with some great deals.

You don't happen to own a revolver and happen to be in need of an HKS Model 10-A speedloader or two and a box of practice ammo(.38 spl)?

If you do happen to I've got a karma here(giving out the prizes free if a person can qualify) http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xdtalk-chatter-box/84456-1000-post-karma.html

Still a chance to win just read the 'rules' carefully.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee.You found a nice forum with some good info and folks..yep the Political view can be entertaining at times..Be safe and take care of that family..that little bun

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Welcome from SW Ohio...thanks for keeping the homeland safe...

·
Premium Member
127,072 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Welcome to the forum Tex!!! Chunky Monkey! LOL I wouldn't think that would be a good name for a LEO, but it may show you have a sense of humor!! Thank you for joining the site. Stay safe!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome to the forum Tex!!! Chunky Monkey! LOL I wouldn't think that would be a good name for a LEO, but it may show you have a sense of humor!! Thank you for joining the site. Stay safe!

Yeah Rogue, there's a good story behind that name. I used to weigh about 350 pounds back in 2002 when I worked at a local them park. A boss and I were funnin' around with name callin' and he just called me fatboy. I told him to come up with something original. Over the course of 5 days he tried numerous things, all of which I heard my whole life growing up. Then one day he was talking about his favorite ice cream and looked at me saying "Chunky Monkey." I'm always bouncing off the walls with energy and such so the name stuck even after dropping 110 pounds.

I carry over a lot of my personality into the field, I don't let people get to me and I'm always smilin' and joking around. This guy tested my nerves, but didn't succeed:
Part 1:
YouTube - Getting 3 tickets prt 1
Part 2:
YouTube - Getting 3 tickets prt 3

Welcome from Indiana!
Thanks Indy, I like the basset in your avatar, I have two of them. Moose is 12 years old, Fred is 10 months.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Yeah Rogue, there's a good story behind that name. I used to weigh about 350 pounds back in 2002 when I worked at a local them park. A boss and I were funnin' around with name callin' and he just called me fatboy. I told him to come up with something original. Over the course of 5 days he tried numerous things, all of which I heard my whole life growing up. Then one day he was talking about his favorite ice cream and looked at me saying "Chunky Monkey." I'm always bouncing off the walls with energy and such so the name stuck even after dropping 110 pounds.

I carry over a lot of my personality into the field, I don't let people get to me and I'm always smilin' and joking around. This guy tested my nerves, but didn't succeed:
Part 1:
YouTube - Getting 3 tickets prt 1
Part 2:
YouTube - Getting 3 tickets prt 3

Thanks Indy, I like the basset in your avatar, I have two of them. Moose is 12 years old, Fred is 10 months.
Aren't you supposed to working today? Get back to work!! j/k if you're relaxin' I am sure you earned it! I will check out the vids when I get home, can't access youTube from work. Glad to hear the weight dropped!! Not good for you (or anyone). Stay safe and trust no one.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts