Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone: I found this forum while surfing for some after-market items for the XD-9sc I ordered yesterday. I sold my tactical XD .40 in order to get into a SC model. Actually, I still need to sell a Kel-Tec PF9 to make up some of the difference in cost. The XD.40 was my first pistol and then I picked up the PF9 as a "summer gun" this past spring. All I ended up wanting was to mush the two together for a nice CCW that I could depend on and shoot regularly at the range if I wanted. So, I was basically snooping around here for some ideas on an IWB holster. Everyone seems really friendly so I thought to join up and see what else I can learn. Eventually, I would like to add a tactical light (maybe laser combo). Other than a Pearce extension, what else should I know about a new XD? I bought my .40 from my cousin used. I read on a website when I bought the PF9 that I should have a new Kel-Tec looked over by a smithy and get "a lube and file" before taking it out to break in. I can't imagine having to do such a thing with an XD though. As the second owner, my .40 was top notch- not even one FTF or anything. All that to say, and because I've never owned a brand new XD, what should I be sure to do, buy, look out for, check, etc before taking my new XD out to the lanes? Thanks all for any insight, comments or suggestions you might have.

Scottie

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Texas! :D Nothing I can think of for either your used XD or new XD to do other than giving it a good cleaning and lube before taking it to the range.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Welcome to the forum...:)

·
Premium Member
127,714 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Scottie.

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana Scottie!

·
Premium Member
23,670 Posts
hello to ya

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Welcome from Iowa

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Hello Scottie, welcome to the forum from Northern California!

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Welcome from Texas!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts