Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks guys, for already helping me figure out a guide rod issue! I'm north of Dallas on 10 acres, with a ton of acreage surrounding me, so my range is my backyard. Picked up this gun 2nd hand from a co-worker and finally got around to shooting it last weekend. I was a little disappointed shooting at beer cans - I only hit them around 50% of the time. But then it dawned on me how small the target was and the general area in which the rest of my rounds connected; in a self defense scenario I would have no issue connecting with an intruder. :)

Now it's time to practice practice practice.

Cheers - Michael

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Welcome next door neighbor from Farmersville, Tx.!.... to XDTalk, and to the Springfield family. I pass through Princeton twice a day going to and fro to work.

I too have acreage, 7 out n.e. of Farmersville, almost to Blue Ridge. We should get together sometime, a few of us in the area already have. Drop me a PM anytime you like to shoot. I have range frames already set up.

Make sure you subscribe to XD Talk of Texas. XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! - XD Talk of Texas

Scroll down to right side and find "Group Tools"

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Welcome thaddeussmith..
I'm just east of Dallas..

Many have issues with the XD/XDm when they first shoot them.
Right handers shoot low and left, the opposite for lefties.

Set up some paper targets so you can see what direction your misses are going.
That will help you zero your shots in.
It took me a few range trips just to get the feel of the trigger..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome next door neighbor from Farmersville, Tx.!.... to XDTalk, and to the Springfield family. I pass through Princeton twice a day going to and fro to work.

I too have acreage, 7 out n.e. of Farmersville, almost to Blue Ridge. We should get together sometime, a few of us in the area already have. Drop me a PM anytime you like to shoot. I have range frames already set up.

Make sure you subscribe to XD Talk of Texas. XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! - XD Talk of Texas

Scroll down to right side and find "Group Tools"
will do! I'm just off 1377, so probably not far from you at all. To be accurate - I'm currently in McKinney and won't be fully moved in until near the end of the year. Still doing some house renovations and getting the land in order before moving out there. However, I still head out and shoot when I can find the time. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome thaddeussmith..
I'm just east of Dallas..

Many have issues with the XD/XDm when they first shoot them.
Right handers shoot low and left, the opposite for lefties.

Set up some paper targets so you can see what direction your misses are going.
That will help you zero your shots in.
It took me a few range trips just to get the feel of the trigger..
thanks! I've watched some youtube clips from Todd Jarrett, but his recommended "wrap around" grip style which he demonstrates on a 1911 frame seems to not work as well on the thicker XD style grip. Any suggestions on proper hand/grip placement? I've done some google searching and can't find anything relevant or helpful.

·
Premium Member
23,655 Posts
hello there

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Northern California!

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Welcome to the forum...:)

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Welcome to the fourm from Louisiana!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts