Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my name is Matt and I have a 45ACP Tactical 5" in Olive Drab. I live in Northern California and want to get some mods done to this excellent piece of firearm, but want to keep it within the Commiefornia legal specs. Dropped hundreds of rounds through this thing and the action on it is still tight, it just keeps getting better. This is the first auto I have found that likes EVERY brand of ammo no issues. A couple of my friends have the 4" 40S&W XDs. All of them fire consistently and in nice groupings.

Anyone have good experience with any of the LED Tac light/laser combos on the 45ACPs?

Even with factory sights I have had decent groupings, went through many targets in regular and rapid fire last couple of weekends, and the 45acp never fails to impress me.

couple of the targets

this is 2 mags full rapid fire at longest distance indoor... range master gave us OK to rapid fire after seeing the middle of most of our targets blown out.

And the toys from left to right: 5" 45ACP OD Tactical XD, Walther P22, 4" XD .40, Glock 22 .40, also had kimber 1911 not pictured

Any suggestions for hop-ups greatly appreciated, Mainly looking for a high output Tac light with Laser, hopefully green.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Nice XD! Welcome to the forum!

The best thing to invest in for your XD is.......................AMMO!

Then figure out what you want to do with it.

Looks like you are off to a great start.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Central Florida!

·
Premium Member
23,670 Posts
nice family photo, welcome

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Hello Matt, welcome to the forum from Northern California!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Welcome, Matt! (?) anyway... Howdy from way down Texas way.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum from Colorado

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Guys, that is Bullseye Indoor Shooting Range in San Rafael. Mine is the 45ACP, my girl was mainly shooting the P22, and two of my buddies had the other 2. I also have a S&W MP15-22 and a couple revolvers, double action 22 and 38. Hoping to get a SOCOM II in the next couple months in Urban Camo. I grab a brick or three of 45ACP anytime I swing by WalMart for just about anything. The XD is hands down my favorite, probably the best bang for the buck handgun. Even fresh out of the case I was splitting some holes in targets, where there are 3 bullets touching per clip. I need to switch to the MP15-22 and run a couple thousand rounds to tide me over from the XD. The more you shoot it, the more addicting it is to find a few bucks for a few bricks and some range time :)

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Welcome to the fourm from Louisiana.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Hi Matt, welcome to the forum from Washington!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Welcome to the forum! The XD is awesome. The Walther seems cool too. Not too fond of Glocks. I told Brian he should get rid of it and buy a real man's guy like me. A 1911!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Welcome from Orlando, but I am Originally from NorCal also!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts