Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi from Minneapolis, MN!

On the shooting-sports front, my wife and I enjoy upland hunting, clays and target shooting (22LR) at our cabin and acreage in northern MN.

I also recently decided to acquire a handgun and take some classes and get time at the range (heh, I'm also lacking in enough expensive hobbies :p). Surprisingly enough, I found that my wife was up for all of the above. Bonus! Built-in range partner! :D

First handgun: goal was self defense, and MN Carry Permit down the road.

We'd shot the XD 5 and XD SC at our first handgun class (along with a brutally heavy-trigger Taurus 651 and a S&W 686, both with .38's ) I loved the XD's! They were accurate for me (a newbie). My wife enjoyed shooting them as well - no issues at all. Now by contrast, the DA Taurus was a brute. I don't know the trigger pull but it was like lifting weights. The instructor finally had to switch it out, after the other woman in the class - who struggled with the 686's trigger pull (had to dryfire it a bit), couldn't budge the Taurus at all.

Anyway, loving the XDM and looking forward to participating in the community.

Thanks, Todd

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Texas! :D It's great that you and your wife share the same interest.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Colorado. There is a lot of great info here as you might have noticed, and even more great people.

·
Registered
91 Posts
You're going to love this forum - there's a ton of great information. I'm a newbie, myself; just started shooting in the spring of this year. I've got two XDm's, both 9MM - a 4.5 and a compact (that I use for carry). It's nice to hear that your wife is also interested. You two should have some good times at the range!

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Hi and welcome from Colorado

·
Premium Member
24,702 Posts
glad ur here , say hi to the lil lady ,

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin.