Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.. my name is neil. i've been lurking around gathering information for my first handgun purchase. I'll be 21 the 16th of july and shortly after i'll be picking up an XDm 9mm 4.5 in OD/B. I'm very excited and understandably nervous about my first handgun purchase.

I wasn't brought up around firearms, but have recently had some time at a range and used a few different guns including a 9sc, fullsize 9mm, S&W .45 and an ar-15. Understanding the knowhow and the level of maturity and cautiousness is over whelming but this forum has been a great help. I can't wait to get the gun which will be used for HD and range fire, No CC for me at this current time.

Thanks for all the information and the knowledge that is now at my expense i'll be sure to use it wisely and act level headed.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Hi Neil,
Welcome to the forum. I live in Northern Michigan; where about do you live?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I'm in adrian.. so southeast part of the state.. i could take a picture of my hand and point at it like all of use michiganders do..

That is ok; I know where Adrian is at. I live almost to the tip of the ring finger; I am between Petoskey and the bridge.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Respect, Neil, from Southern California.

I am glad to read that you recognize the need for maturity and cautiousness with firearms.

Take your time and value your life and others shooting around you. Be steady and practice. You will be fine and add years to your life with the enjoyment you get out of shooting!

ENJOY!

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Texas.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts