Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
My name is Robb, I am from Peoria Heights, Illinois. While not new to guns, and shooting, I have only been shooting pistols for about 2 years. My first handgun purchase was a Kimber Polymer Pro Carry in .45 ACP. The interesting thing about the Kimber, as I came to find out the hard way; is that it actually made by an Israeli company called BUL, well at least the lower receiver is. It is identical to the BUL M-5 Government. I don't have any problems with that, just thought it was interesting.
I have always been a huge fan of the Springfield 1911, but when I decided to buy another pistol, I didn't want to get another 1911 style .45. So I started researching the XD line of pistols. Several of my friends own XD pistols all across the spectrum. I like the look, and feel of both the 9mm and .45, and then I fired the 40 S&W, and I knew which XD I would be purchasing. I picked it up last week. I have only put about 36 rounds through it so far, but it seems to be a great compromise between the speed of a 9mm and the stopping power of a .45 ACP. Great choice. Sorry for being so wordy. Anyway, Its great to be here.

·
Premium Member
127,175 Posts
Welcome from Ohio, Robb.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Welcome from Illinois

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Another Texan welcomes you to the Forum, and to the Springfield family! :D

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Welcome to the forum Robb...:)

·
Registered
595 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Welcome im also newbie from IL...kinda the same startup loooove springfield...started with a ss champion and went on to a Xd45

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin.

·
Premium Member
21,383 Posts
hey there robb